Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is it still possible to download maps in the Go 4 app android version?

Sheldon Anderson

Join
Apr 1, 2018
I just bought a Samsung galaxy S5 which is running the Go 4 app perfectly... including no lagging or pix-elated video. I would like to avoid installing a phone sim card to keep the phone fast and lean but don't understand how to make maps work. There is a map displaying of my home area where I usually fly but I don't know how to get maps if I go somewhere else.

So.......here is what I found

Yes, in the newer versions by downloading an area in google maps for offline. It will default to Google maps when it can't find a network connection, you need to launch google maps first while not on a network, then DJI Go

Better option: DJI Go 4 version 4.1.15, it's built in

I'm pretty sure that on my Android devices, running version 4.2.8, DJI Go is using OpenStreetMap, rather than Google Maps. The map physical features, like ponds, that display in DJI Go seem to be identical to those that show on walking apps I have that I know are using OpenStreetMap. And when I click the little "i" in the corner of the DJI Go map, one of the copyright notices is for OpenStreetMap.

I mostly use an old LG phone without a sim card, caching the map ahead of time by running DJI Go in Camera View on my home wifi network. The map area I've cached that way shows up and works fine when I'm out in the field.

Anyone knows the trick to load map for when offline with IOS devices (i.e. iPad mini 2)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers