Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is spark a short lived hobbie?

Yes Manny gps does work when outside although that dropped out a cpl of times, wish it was as reliable as my car gps very rarely drops out.
I know there is risk in every flight but would you continue flying if your spark had a bad start up like mine did but now seems fine or would you get it looked at by dji?
How about a big open field, have you try that?

I think others will feel the same as me on this. Keep flying, don’t push it for the time being. So you can monitor closely it’s status and behavior. If there is a continued problem, it will reveal itself sooner, rather than later. Personally, thats what I would do.
Do your checklists and have fun. To me it doesn’t warrant any immediate attention.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Thanks Manny that reassures my thoughts as I was thinking the same.
Thanks again

Yes over farm land
Ok, got you.
Do remember the pause button for any unstable situation. I practiced with it yesterday as I'm trying to master the pause button and RTH for abnormal or distress situations.

Yes, and that PAUSE button is something I have never used. Great tip for those “oh crap!” Situations.
Thx Rafa7
Cheers guys

Reactions: Matty J
Ok, got you.
Do remember the pause button for any unstable situation. I practiced with it yesterday as I'm trying to master the pause button and RTH for abnormal or distress situations.
Great advise, I just hope the pause and or RTH gets through to the aircraft while displaying the lost signal error and aircraft disconnected error etc.
Thanks for your help Rafa[emoji106]

Yes, and that PAUSE button is something I have never used. Great tip for those “oh crap!” Situations.
Thx Rafa7
Cheers guys
Same here, I had never used neither the Pause or RTH buttons until last Sunday, so I used three batteries to practice-practice both buttons for all the conditions listed in the manual with RTH being the most convoluted due to different combinations of altitude/distance. At the end of the day I feel very confortable with how to setup RTH correctly for me and how it's going to respond at any given time I press it.

I've been flying drones for over a year now, onto my 2nd Spark now as I lost my first Spark flying at Stanwell Tops, My cousins have Mavic's, Mavic Air's and even a Phantom 4 pro and the only drone I would be tempted to get anytime soon is the Phantom, sure the mavic series have better cameras and gimbals but the spark is the only professional quality drone that you can comfortably fly indoors in any house, and the Phantom is great for outdoors, so the Mavic series are great drones but they are kind of like the middle child that you still love but it wouldn't be my first choice of drones and the spark is certainly the most fun to fly.

Had mine for a couple of months now. I get withdrawals if I don't fly every few days!.
Over a hundred flights now.
I can absolutely see myself upgrading to the to the Mavic Pro (X) in the future, once I reach the limits of the Spark (way off that yet!). My interest is Photography so the hardest part is finding new places to fly. Just flying for the sake of flying isn't the part that interests me, flying to photograph stuff is.

No unexpected fly away (other than when a brand new user not understanding a couple of the modes correctly)

Kim, Adelaide Australia.

i have spark for 9 months now. did over 200 flights and flew over 200 kilometers with it. it has its issues (obsolete wifi connection, low resolution video compared to others, 2-axis gimbal making smooth yaw almost impossible) but no drone is without problems. For example Mavic Pro has pretty common yet unresolved problem with gimbal horizon tilt and also very fragile gimbal construction. If I look at the big picture, I really like Spark as it is. I've had mavic Pro and Mavic Air too for a short time but returned back to Spark because it suits my needs best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme