Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

just flying around but disconnected ?

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
on my second battery i received a message " disconnected " but i still had control of my spark ( i had this message before ) . i checked the flight log and no message of being disconnected but it stopped recording after 6 32 2 min. my spark keeped on flying fine . was it my video link that was disconnected or something else .
this is the flight log if anyone wants to look at it . DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
thank you

Reactions: Flying Kiwi
If you are using wifi via spark or RC make sure you keep your phone/ iPad connected to the network. If you use a cable to connect to the RC (recommended) make sure it stays connected or you will see the disconnected warning but the RC will still control the drone.

If you are using wifi via spark or RC make sure you keep your phone/ iPad connected to the network. If you use a cable to connect to the RC (recommended) make sure it stays connected or you will see the disconnected warning but the RC will still control the drone.
i use the cable ( OTG ) from my phone to RC controller . on my 3rd flight i used a brand new cable ( OTG ) . i though the cable was bad . i will see in future flights if the cable is bad .
thank you

I suspect your cable might have loosened just enough to fail, I am fairly sure this has happened to me before. When I purchased my OTG cable on Amazon, they actually shipped me two, so I was pleased I had a backup. One day, I got this disconnect like you describe, and I brought the drone back and switched cables, all seemed well. I put that cable aside, but months later, I thought I would try it again, and have been using it ever since... so not sure how to explain any of that. The consistency of the micro usb port on the controller worries me... as over time it will begin to wear.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
I suspect your cable might have loosened just enough to fail, I am fairly sure this has happened to me before. When I purchased my OTG cable on Amazon, they actually shipped me two, so I was pleased I had a backup. One day, I got this disconnect like you describe, and I brought the drone back and switched cables, all seemed well. I put that cable aside, but months later, I thought I would try it again, and have been using it ever since... so not sure how to explain any of that. The consistency of the micro usb port on the controller worries me... as over time it will begin to wear.
as i said i changed the OTG cable after my second flight . i wonder if i was to remove the cable and reinsert it if it would re link . when i run into this disconnect again i will try to reconnect on the fly .
to be honest i don't fly my spark ( or any of my other drones ) enugf to know all the in's and outs of this drone . i have been flying drones for about 8 to 10 years but in the past 3 years i have been flying RC planes because of all the rules an the new ones to come in the future , years ago you fly anywhere , today i only can fly in one area that is legal where i live ( S.I. N.Y. ) just a downer to own over 6 different quads and only be able to fly in one place .

I've noticed the same behavior if I switch my phone to flight mode after I've already launched the spark. Phone is connected to remote via OTG. The only way to get everything working again is to land, switch everything off and start over.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
I've noticed the same behavior if I switch my phone to flight mode after I've already launched the spark. Phone is connected to remote via OTG. The only way to get everything working again is to land, switch everything off and start over.
But why would you switch to flight mode after you have launched? Although flight mode is meant to disable only wireless connections (cellular network, WiFi, bluetooth), it may be a case that wired connections are reset too. Not very sure about this but it is always advisable to turn on flight mode, turn WiFi back on (if required) and then launch the app.

But why would you switch to flight mode after you have launched? Although flight mode is meant to disable only wireless connections (cellular network, WiFi, bluetooth), it may be a case when wire connections are reset too. Not very sure about this but it is always advisable to turn on flight mode, turn WiFi back on (if required) and then launch the app.
Happened to me twice (out of 103 flights) where I forgot to put phone in flight mode before take-off. That's the only reason. Rookie mistake.

Happened to me twice (out of 103 flights) where I forgot to put phone in flight mode before take-off. That's the only reason. Rookie mistake.
It still happens to me. But my SIM card has incoming disabled. So I don't bother. :D
I just leave it as it is and switch to flight mode in the next flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme