Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just want to say thank you.

Putz

Join
Mar 5, 2018
I've been a happy Spark pilot for the last year and found a wealth of information on this forum. Last month I upgraded to the MP and thought I would hold onto my Spark to fly occasionally. Well the occasional flight never happened and today I decided to sell my gear. So I'm moving to the Mavic forum. To the new pilots coming to the forum, there is a lot of knowledge and experience on here that can help with almost any problem. Between here and YouTube, anyone can become a professional. To the experienced pilots... I strongly recommend the MP if you haven't already picked one up. See some of you guys next door.

I too hope to get a MP2 zoom some day, but not today.

Are you keeping the same name?

Take care and see ya later in the Mavic Forum.:)

I've been a happy Spark pilot for the last year and found a wealth of information on this forum. Last month I upgraded to the MP and thought I would hold onto my Spark to fly occasionally. Well the occasional flight never happened and today I decided to sell my gear. So I'm moving to the Mavic forum. To the new pilots coming to the forum, there is a lot of knowledge and experience on here that can help with almost any problem. Between here and YouTube, anyone can become a professional. To the experienced pilots... I strongly recommend the MP if you haven't already picked one up. See some of you guys next door.
I can't give up on my little spark I bought the Mavic Pro 1 and I use them both the spark still gets flown more than the Mavic.

Reactions: Haggi and Putz
I too hope to get a MP2 zoom some day, but not today.

Are you keeping the same name?

Take care and see ya later in the Mavic Forum.:)
Yup same name, some days it just fits. I've had a login over there for a while. I recommend visiting the other forums even if you don't have or ever intend to have that specific drone. It's a lot more opinions and information. Flying is basically the same no matter what you're flying.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Plus the spark 2 is definitely on my radar when it gets released.

If you haven't sold the Spark, yet, then reconsider.

I have had the Spark for a year as well, and I own the MP (two actually...one Alpine White...long story short the price was too good to pass up).
I use the Spark to get vid of areas that I would not take the MP. The MP is capable of flying in these areas. That is not the issue. The issue is that the MP freaks people out much more so than does the Spark.

In general, I use the MP for "epic" shots, and the Spark for the nooks and crannies. The Spark can take a beating. Therefore, I can take more chances in the nooks and crannies without freaking out over crashing the MP, and it's delicate gimbal assembly.

I find the Spark to be far more challenging; largely because of it's inability to yaw well. Therefore, I'm 'forced' to consider other types of shots, which, maybe surprisingly, increases my creativity, at least in the thought process.

I'm constantly trying to imagine work arounds for the Spark. For example, I find Tripod mode to be too slow, and the gimbal when in Tripod mode is way too sloooooow. The work around for this is to be in normal GPS mode, then move the stick sensitivity down; thereby decreasing top speed to around 3 or 4 mph. This gives the Tripod like speed for low down shots, and does not affect gimbal speed.

I like to keep things simple, and too much gear is a challenge to manage. So, I'm always thinking of selling the Spark, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Also, I won't get but 25% of my investment returned, and I know, I'll wish I hadn't sold it.

Truth be told, the Spark drives me crazy, but the MP is too easy. The MP battery life has me flying around for no reason (MP mission already accomplished) just to get to a battery level optimal for recharging.

If the Spark yawed better, then I would not have the MPs, though I really enjoy flying the MP with the DJI goggles. Spark battery life is too short for use with the goggles; especially considering Spark in goggles is 720p vs 1080p for MP.

So, as you can see, owning both can drive you crazy.

Still, the pros of owning the Spark are
Simplicity
Rugged construction
Nook and cranny shots
Greater engagement in the videography planning.
People friendly...they really do dismiss it as a toy, and not an invasion of privacy
Charge all three batteries at once, and all three are done in 45 minutes.
It's not precious, so more chance taking; respectfully, of course.
Good video straight out of the camera. I wish I could get the Spark look from the MP. I've tried. No success to date.
It's much more capable than the 'selfie' drone it is marketed as.

It's not that I could go on and on about it, but still this is a reasonably good list of reasons to continue flying the Spark.

If you haven't sold the Spark, yet, then reconsider.

I have had the Spark for a year as well, and I own the MP (two actually...one Alpine White...long story short the price was too good to pass up).
I use the Spark to get vid of areas that I would not take the MP. The MP is capable of flying in these areas. That is not the issue. The issue is that the MP freaks people out much more so than does the Spark.

In general, I use the MP for "epic" shots, and the Spark for the nooks and crannies. The Spark can take a beating. Therefore, I can take more chances in the nooks and crannies without freaking out over crashing the MP, and it's delicate gimbal assembly.

I find the Spark to be far more challenging; largely because of it's inability to yaw well. Therefore, I'm 'forced' to consider other types of shots, which, maybe surprisingly, increases my creativity, at least in the thought process.

I'm constantly trying to imagine work arounds for the Spark. For example, I find Tripod mode to be too slow, and the gimbal when in Tripod mode is way too sloooooow. The work around for this is to be in normal GPS mode, then move the stick sensitivity down; thereby decreasing top speed to around 3 or 4 mph. This gives the Tripod like speed for low down shots, and does not affect gimbal speed.

I like to keep things simple, and too much gear is a challenge to manage. So, I'm always thinking of selling the Spark, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Also, I won't get but 25% of my investment returned, and I know, I'll wish I hadn't sold it.

Truth be told, the Spark drives me crazy, but the MP is too easy. The MP battery life has me flying around for no reason (MP mission already accomplished) just to get to a battery level optimal for recharging.

If the Spark yawed better, then I would not have the MPs, though I really enjoy flying the MP with the DJI goggles. Spark battery life is too short for use with the goggles; especially considering Spark in goggles is 720p vs 1080p for MP.

So, as you can see, owning both can drive you crazy.

Still, the pros of owning the Spark are
Simplicity
Rugged construction
Nook and cranny shots
Greater engagement in the videography planning.
People friendly...they really do dismiss it as a toy, and not an invasion of privacy
Charge all three batteries at once, and all three are done in 45 minutes.
It's not precious, so more chance taking; respectfully, of course.
Good video straight out of the camera. I wish I could get the Spark look from the MP. I've tried. No success to date.
It's much more capable than the 'selfie' drone it is marketed as.

It's not that I could go on and on about it, but still this is a reasonably good list of reasons to continue flying the Spark.
It's gone already, I held onto it because I thought I would still fly it. However if I have time to fly, I always grabbed the MP. I don't take alot of pictures or videos, I just like to fly. The thing I miss the most is the ability to be in the air in under a minute. Now opening the MP, setting up the mavmount and ipad, and making sure everything is set, takes me alot longer. I'm sure this will get better with experience.

It's gone already, I held onto it because I thought I would still fly it. However if I have time to fly, I always grabbed the MP. I don't take alot of pictures or videos, I just like to fly. The thing I miss the most is the ability to be in the air in under a minute. Now opening the MP, setting up the mavmount and ipad, and making sure everything is set, takes me alot longer. I'm sure this will get better with experience.
Ok...well, then...see you over at the Mavic lounge.

I just picked up a MP Alpine white special package on Black Friday...a price that was too good to pass up and about the cost of a Spark fly more setup, but I do plan on keeping my Spark. I just came in from flying it with snow on the ground and probably got some good shots and possibly pissed off a deer hunter or 2, and i have far from mastered the Spark yet, so I am probably jumping the gun with the MP. I guess we'll see if it even shows up...it was a Buydig on EBay purchase, and they don't exactly have a great reputation. I registered back a month ago on the Mavic forum so I could reply to a classified ad there, so perhaps I'll see you there.

I just picked up a MP Alpine white special package on Black Friday...a price that was too good to pass up and about the cost of a Spark fly more setup, but I do plan on keeping my Spark. I just came in from flying it with snow on the ground and probably got some good shots and possibly pissed off a deer hunter or 2, and i have far from mastered the Spark yet, so I am probably jumping the gun with the MP. I guess we'll see if it even shows up...it was a Buydig on EBay purchase, and they don't exactly have a great reputation. I registered back a month ago on the Mavic forum so I could reply to a classified ad there, so perhaps I'll see you there.
Hope you get it.
Alpine White is an awesome version. The three batteries round out a perfect package. As crazy as it seems, I love the color; especially on the controller. Never really considered white a color before, but...
I have the charcoal grey/black MP as well, and while it functions well it pales in comparison to the AP look.
It may be the star wars thing. I don't know. I'm not a huge star wars fan, so not sure that can be it. Anyway...looks great, flies great
Enjoy

Hope you get it.
Alpine White is an awesome version. The three batteries round out a perfect package. As crazy as it seems, I love the color; especially on the controller. Never really considered white a color before, but...
I have the charcoal grey/black MP as well, and while it functions well it pales in comparison to the AP look.
It may be the star wars thing. I don't know. I'm not a huge star wars fan, so not sure that can be it. Anyway...looks great, flies great
Enjoy
Thanks! Tracking now shows delivery tomorrow so just maybe!! And i too like the idea of everything being white....For one thing, I won't mix up the controller with the Sparks! The white must be less popular though as it seems to be a little cheaper most places, and that's what sold me, along with ocusync.

I know excatly how you feel i am in the same position ive had spark for year now and a month ago upgraded to mavic 2 zoom, i also on the mavic forum since then (mavic24theclouds) . I also decided keep spark thinking i would still fly it and simply didnt want let the little guy go, thinking i would still find a use for it and selling it wont generate much money. After the past month of exclusively flying the mavic 2 zoom and then last week flying all 3 my spark batteries again, it was just such difference, i couldnt beleive the capable spark ive loved so much could be such let down now. Dont get wrong spark great especially for a beginner drone ot was my first drone , but i increasingly ran out of ideas of what use it for and after flying it again after month of the zoom, it was just painfull all around. Anyways i also advertised my spark for sale with all its accessories , its sucks i loved my spark but time move on :)

Reactions: Putz
Amazing coincidence. As I was reading this week’s

Amazing coincidence. As I was browsing this week’s round up I thought, has anyone ever said thanks to dji (or whoever manages the facility) for bringing us all together with questions, thoughts and answers. I love my Spark (although British weather stops me from flying as much as I would like) and the Forum is a great, friendly, helpful place to spend a few minutes each day or at the end of the week. So THANK YOU everyone, site managers and all my fellow Sparkies.

Reactions: Putz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast