Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi 2.5 is no longer in "Beta Status"

Okaaay...i was just quoting the help file. It's not active in my setup. Pilots complaining its kicking in too early.

"Smart Return to Home: Enables/disables the Smart Return-To-Home (RTH) feature. When it is enabled, aircraft will request to go home when remaining battery is only enough for completing the go-home action."

Hmmmm, I think I will ask for clarification on my end.
Don't want to steer anyone wrong.

Wow... I bought the Litchi app. All I can say is awesome so far. I registered/made an account with Litchi using my phone and computer. I then made up a mission to fly a large area covering much of my neighborhood (1.8 mile round trip) with the Mission Hub on my computer and then saved it. I turned the AC and controller on and connected it to my phone as I normally would. I then opened the Litchi app, found and loaded the mission that I had just created on my computer and hit the "play" button... and away the SparkPlug went.

It was completely out of range for about half the flight. Man, I was getting pretty nervous too. Every once in a while it would reconnect and I could see that it was still moving along the path of the intended mission. It also was fairly windy and the Spark did have a bit of a struggle on its final leg of the flight (15 MPH steady gusting over 20 MPH). It then hit the final way point and came right back to my house just as it should. Freaking awesome.

Now all I got to do is get the hang of the camera settings .

Last edited:
Reactions: Haggi and pmshop
Wow... I bought the Litchi app. All I can say is awesome so far. I registered/made an account with Litchi using my phone and computer. I then made up a mission to fly a large area covering much of my neighborhood (1.8 mile round trip) with the Mission Hub on my computer and then saved it. I turned the AC and controller on and connected it to my phone as I normally would. I then opened the Litchi app, found and loaded the mission that I had just created on my computer and hit the "play" button... and away the SparkPlug went.

It was completely out of range for about half the flight. Man, I was getting pretty nervous too. Every once in a while it would reconnect and I could see that it was still moving along the path of the intended mission. It then hit the final way point and came right back to my house just as it should. Freaking awesome.

Welcome to a larger world!
Post the vid when you get a chance!

Hmmmm, I think I will ask for clarification on my end.
Don't want to steer anyone wrong.

OK, here is what I got from Litchi Support:
Hi,

If you disable Smart RTH, the drone will no longer attempt to return home if it feels like it is too far from the home point at any given moment given the battery left.

ME: So that will kill the battery failsafe also?

Litchi Support: No this is a different feature.

So I don't know what to think...

Welcome to a larger world!
Post the vid when you get a chance!
Ok... Here is my video in it's most raw form. It's not the prettiest video but it does display the new waypoint function for Spark (I apologise for the poor white balance).

It does pretty well for the most part, but the spark has a bit of a hard time fighting the wind in the final stretch of the mission (winds were gusting over 20mph... And yes, that's the moon in the back ground.).

I can't wait to really get the hang of this app. There is a lot to learn here.

Reactions: TRuav and pmshop
OK, here is what I got from Litchi Support:
Hi,

If you disable Smart RTH, the drone will no longer attempt to return home if it feels like it is too far from the home point at any given moment given the battery left.

ME: So that will kill the battery failsafe also?

Litchi Support: No this is a different feature.

So I don't know what to think...
Okai... own experience with GO app.
I went up 330m/1000ft, made a 360° pano.
Drone reach 35% batt left, and warn/trigger rth. Drone need some time to come down and land safely. Smart RTH.
Battery failsafe RTH rely only on battery level, to avoid drone falling from sky with 0% batt.

Edit: wording

Last edited:
Reactions: pmshop
Ok... Here is my video in it's most raw form. It's not the prettiest video but it does display the new waypoint function for Spark (I apologise for the poor white balance).

It does pretty well for the most part, but the spark has a bit of a hard time fighting the wind in the final stretch of the mission (winds were gusting over 20mph... And yes, that's the moon in the back ground.).

I can't wait to really get the hang of this app. There is a lot to learn here.

Awesome flight - congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers