Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi 2.5 is no longer in "Beta Status"

For Hangar360 app I seem to be able to prevent the automatic switch from FCC to EC when I first launch the DJI Go 4 app and wait for the pop up asking to switch. After I cancel the WiFi switch there, I open the hangar app and it doesnt switch to EC anymore. Can anyone try this for Litchi?

Reactions: alexpole
Please confirm whether it still switches automatically from FCC to EC outside of US.

I can confirm that Litchi 2.5 (iOS) also brings up the same Region Change dialogue box as DJI Go with the same ability to press “Cancel”. And the FCC (11 channels in 2,4 GHZ) have been verified. (I am in Europe).
I have the latest firmware on AC, RC and the latest DJI Go version.

Does it support OTG on Android ? Does it support resting in FCC mode after using for instance the Fake GPS App on Android (first use Fake GPS to move GPS coord in US then launch Litchi, then turn off Lithi, turn off Fake GPS, run Litchi again and cancel switch to CE mode)?
Does it run the waypoints and return home from the Spark drone or does it have to be always sent and connected to the smartphone ??? This limitation is a disapointment in the Spark drone (needs conection to fly whatever program is used), so this would be great news.

Does it support OTG on Android ? Does it support resting in FCC mode after using for instance the Fake GPS App on Android (first use Fake GPS to move GPS coord in US then launch Litchi, then turn off Lithi, turn off Fake GPS, run Litchi again and cancel switch to CE mode)?
Does it run the waypoints and return home from the Spark drone or does it have to be always sent and connected to the smartphone ??? This limitation is a disapointment in the Spark drone (needs conection to fly whatever program is used), so this would be great news.

I cannot answer your Android question - I have no Android devices.

But Litchi does indeed load the mission and goes beyond RC

Interesting. So Litchi does load the mission into the Spark drone and then the Spark does everything by its own ?
Including taking photos or movies, positioning the axis of the Spark and the gimbals of the camera at every point and returning home at the end ?

Reactions: pmshop
It does support OTG on Android. My LG Stylo 3 does wifi well enough that I usually don't bother with the OTG cable. Litchi will hover in place at the last waypoint and will return home at the end only if you made home the final waypoint.

It does support OTG on Android. My LG Stylo 3 does wifi well enough that I usually don't bother with the OTG cable. Litchi will hover in place at the last waypoint and will return home at the end only if you made home the final waypoint.

It will return home even if your last waypoint is a mile (example) away if you have RTH selected as "finish action".

@spartavel does everything you ask in your comment.
Edited for content and time but the video shows a mission this morning that has the gimbal pitched down by -12° controlled by the POI pindrop.
If you do not have a POI in a mission, you can control the pitch at every waypoint.
Just don't forget the " - " before the number otherwise you will be telling the gimbal to pitch up.

Interesting. So Litchi does load the mission into the Spark drone and then the Spark does everything by its own ?
Including taking photos or movies, positioning the axis of the Spark and the gimbals of the camera at every point and returning home at the end ?
Check out the Litchi Mission Hub, and play around with the mission settings. You can choose what happens at the end your your mission -RTH, Land, go to WP 1. .... If you've Windows OS, grab a copy of Virtual Litchi Mission and play around even more.

Reactions: Haggi and pmshop
Check out the Litchi Mission Hub, and play around with the mission settings. You can choose what happens at the end your your mission -RTH, Land, go to WP 1. .... If you've Windows OS, grab a copy of Virtual Litchi Mission and play around even more.

Virtual Litchi Mission rocks!

Is this app easy to use ?

Easier than AutoPilot that is for sure
Once you understand the basics of the commands and the settings, it is very easy.
As I say the hardest for me is if I want to point the camera downward, I need to remember to put in a negative " - " before the number. Otherwise, I'll make it point upward.

PMshop,
Questions: When your using Litchi 2.5....
1) What device are you using while flying, etc. iPhone, mini iPad?
2) Are you flying with OTG and putting device in airport mode?
3) While flying in airport mode, will Litchi keep up with the maps?

Thanks,
John

PMshop,
Questions: When your using Litchi 2.5....
1) What device are you using while flying, etc. iPhone, mini iPad?
2) Are you flying with OTG and putting device in airport mode?
3) While flying in airport mode, will Litchi keep up with the maps?

Thanks,
John

Just FYI - it is v2.5.1 now already.
1) iPhone 7 for speedy setup or a 9.7" iPad 5th gen so I can see better :D
2) No OTG, just regular WiFi
3) Although I do not fly OTG or Airplane Mode, I do know if you cache your maps before going to the field, yes, they will keep up.
To cache, view the area you will be flying in, zoom in and let the map tiles load.
Do that per each level of magnification.
And on each level, view the adjoining sections you may fly.

How does this compare with RedWaypoint?
Not even close - Litchi is far better. I absolutely hate how Red did the waypoints and find it very unintuitive to use.
I hope they improve - I really do but for now Litchi is much better for mission planning and functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme