Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi 2.5 is no longer in "Beta Status"

For people doing waypoints on LItchi, how many minutes have you pushed your spark to do? Not distance, but time aloft before mission ends. I'm comfortable around 12 as it still gives me some margin for not immediately bringing the Spark down.

Especially, if there is no clear landing area where it could land safely if it comes up short on the way back.

For people doing waypoints on LItchi, how many minutes have you pushed your spark to do? Not distance, but time aloft before mission ends. I'm comfortable around 12 as it still gives me some margin for not immediately bringing the Spark down.

Especially, if there is no clear landing area where it could land safely if it comes up short on the way back.
Same as you, but i place first waypoint near my HP.. and set mission to return to first WP.
If I loose connection, and RC never reconnects, it will hoover above me until low-batt landing.
I fly alot over water..first WP is always set on solid ground.

Tell me? :D

And

I come from the hobbyist line that built waypoint mission capable craft first before I bought a commercial "smart drone".
I say smart drone because I trained on commercial full manual drones in 2015.
So it is quite welcoming that Litchi can make the Spark as one of my home made drones and do extended "out of the controller's range" missions.

All can say is wow... your videos are awesome.

Im still pretty new to this (since December) so please forgive my ignorance.

So what youre saying is that i can make a mission, it can fly out of controller range, do what the set mission entails, and fly back to where it took off?
If so, that is awesome.

Also, what are the other benefits to using Litchi vs Red Way Point (or even DJIGO4)?

Also, what about using an OTG cable?

Last edited:
All can say is wow... your videos are awesome.

Im still pretty new to this (since December) so please forgive my ignorance.

So what youre saying is that i can make a mission, it can fly out of controller range, do what the set mission entails, and fly back to where it took off?
If so, that is awesome.

Also, what are the other benefits to using Litchi vs Red Way Point (or even DJIGO4)?

Also, what about using an OTG cable?

No ignorance here...we are all learning :D

That is correct - you can make the mission go out of range, finish the mission and it will come back if planned properly.

However, being a new pilot as of December, learn the dynamics of the Spark and how to fly first.
Do short missions...then push it as you get comfortable.

Thinking I knew everything lost me 3 different drones never to be recovered - 1 toy grade, 1 CX-20 and 1 450 home made.

I cannot speak for Red as I do not have Android but DJI GO 4 will sync easier to online log books.
Litchi can but they prefer AirData logbook.
You can pull the litchi file then upload but I prefer the streamline.

Using OTG is totally up to you.
Yes I reached out more than 10,000 ft with OTG and parabolic reflectors.
But if you are going to go out of range, then OTG is pointless.

Oh, and using waypoints outside of the range of the controller...plan those missions in sparsely populated areas for safety sake.

A
No ignorance here...we are all learning :D

That is correct - you can make the mission go out of range, finish the mission and it will come back if planned properly.

However, being a new pilot as of December, learn the dynamics of the Spark and how to fly first.
Do short missions...then push it as you get comfortable.

Definitely agree.

Some other things I've thought of. Unless you're on a time restraint don't worry if you don't have the mission planned perfectly, because you can reuse it and refine it as many times as you need. Better to fly too far away from something than to fly into something because you didn't plan something right.

Still remember to account for headwinds or tailwinds as that may change with the same flight different time.

Your homepoint and your first waypoint can be different but remember your drone will make a path to the first waypoint and if you change your starting spot nothing should be in the way when you move.

And for me personally, if I hit a blackout area where I can't see what the drone is doing i'd just as soon be going no faster and no higher than I need to, because both speed and height will contribute to more damage if it does crash. I'd just as soon minimize that risk.

Reactions: pmshop
OK, I downloaded the Litchi app but i cannot get my spark to connect to my phone. (android 7.0). Please help?
(BTW- I've flow a bunch of "dumb birds" (syma x5c and X8W) so I pretty much go the basic flight dynamics down.).

Last edited:
OK, I downloaded the Litchi app but i cannot get my spark to connect to my phone. (android 7.0). Please help?
(BTW- I've flow a bunch of "dumb birds" (syma x5c and X8W) so I pretty much go the basic flight dynamics down.).

The only glitch I had was I had to manually check wifi connection, and change it from my home wifi to the spark. But otherwise it worked just like it does when I use the DJigo app.

I do not open the Djigo app at all. Just litchi. But then I am not on android with it.

Also, I believe you have to sign into Dji account if I remember correctly. But I think the litchi app requires you to do that when setting up.

Reactions: pmshop
Also, I believe you have to sign into Dji account if I remember correctly. But I think the litchi app requires you to do that when setting up.
I finally got it to connect. I had to basically reconnect the Spark to th controller and then reconnect the controller(with spark connected to the controller) to the phone via wifi password. I started playing around with the app and I cant wait to give it a try tomorrow.

It is a Litchi account you create to be able to use the Litchi Mission hub to plan on a computer and sync to the app.
Then, Litchi is partnered with AirData flight logging and analysis service.So if you have an AirData account, log into that.

Reactions: Haggi
Did someone test the Focus mode with Spark? I saw some videos made with with Mavic and it looks very useful, I was wondering what the final result would be with the Spark.

Did someone test the Focus mode with Spark? I saw some videos made with with Mavic and it looks very useful, I was wondering what the final result would be with the Spark.

I haven't been able to get to it.
Been battling a cold for the past 3 days and actually took a 1/2 day yesterday.

Is Litchi preset to use your DJI return to home height? I noticed it says "smart Rth" whatever that means. I guess I should find this out pretty soon, rather than finding out the hard way.

Is Litchi preset to use your DJI return to home height? I noticed it says "smart Rth" whatever that means. I guess I should find this out pretty soon, rather than finding out the hard way.
Litchi got a pretty smart help section inside the app!
Smart RTH means return to home position when remaining battery is only enough for completing the go-home action.

Litchi got a pretty smart help section inside the app!
Smart RTH means return to home position when remaining battery is only enough for completing the go-home action.

Actually, Smart RTH is different.
According to Litchi support, that is whet I hit at the 3rd mile of the 4 mile flight.
Smart RTH is triggered when the craft has been out of contact with the controller for too long.
Just happened to be a coincidence mine was triggered at mile 3.
But, it did exibit all the traits of an RTH.
I still has 25% battery when the Spark was on final descent.

You can deactivate Smart RTH and the battery failsafe will still trigger according to litchi.

Okaaay...i was just quoting the help file. It's not active in my setup. Pilots complaining its kicking in too early.

"Smart Return to Home: Enables/disables the Smart Return-To-Home (RTH) feature. When it is enabled, aircraft will request to go home when remaining battery is only enough for completing the go-home action."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar