Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost drone

Nope 2.0

Join
Apr 17, 2018
Loc
Houston Texas
Hi I just lost my Drone in Tahoe califonia Dollar which is forested. It started to land Because of poor gps signal and I couldn’t Cancel the command so landed in a random spot. I can’t connect to the drone around close to it yet I can’t fly out or look out of the camera some reason .I can’t check for it now Because I can’t see it now

If you guys have any experience in a situation like this you guys please tell me thanks in advance

It when into atti mode and the speed read 62 miles per hour and dropped to 270 feet

It shouldn't land because of GPS signal loss.

What's your "lost connection" setting? RTH, hover, or land?

Reactions: BlancoRob
If you guys have any experience in a situation like this you guys please tell me thanks in advance
Try checking your flight logs and also consider getting a tracker it really helps in these kind of situations.

I have the flight logs

I was suggesting you share the flight log in question with us, through that link I posted. Then we can see step by step what transpired. Up to you. DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

There are great instructions there on how to upload from your mobile device, once uploaded, the resulting URL can be posted back here. Someone may be able to help you find your drone from that data. Its helped many pilots narrow down where to look, and sometimes the probable cause for the failure.

I just had my spark self land because I pushed my battery to far. I was extremely pleased that the “find my drone” (FMD) option worked flawlessly.

It was very impressive and I can’t say enough about this option. It led me right to it where it landed thankfully right in between two buildings.

FMD works if you just use it.

This video shows how somebody found their drone under similar circumstances. He used a combination of Flight Log & Find My Drone to pin down the coordinates. Then he entered the location into Google Maps. He walked right up to his Spark in a forest at night with just a flashlight. Worth a try. Best of luck...

Where do you find this setting in the app?
In the dji go4 app you find the find my drone in the top right corner that looks like 4 bars it is where your would go to see such thinks as flight records GEO Zones or to start up the scan QR code is found.

It is difficult to find because DJI has not made it obvious that you can SCROLL DOWN and see more options at bottom of the Settings menu. There is a tab labeled "Advanced" that you need to expand.

If you prefer a visual explanation just forward this link to the 1:03 mark...

Thanks. That screen looks different than mine though and I don't see the Advanced settings option at the bottom of the screen? I'm not currently connected to the Spark, not sure if that matters, but I've never seen that Advance tab before.

Thanks. That screen looks different than mine though and I don't see the Advanced settings option at the bottom of the screen? I'm not currently connected to the Spark, not sure if that matters, but I've never seen that Advance tab before.

Yes. It makes a difference. You can only adjust the settings in the Spark from the DJI Go app when you are connected to it!

Several menus have "hidden" options that are revealed when you swipe up and reveal them.

Reactions: BrandonW77
Yes. It makes a difference. You can only adjust the settings in the Spark from the DJI Go app when you are connected to it!

Several menus have "hidden" options that are revealed when you swipe up and reveal them.

Good to know, thank you!

This video shows how somebody found their drone under similar circumstances. He used a combination of Flight Log & Find My Drone to pin down the coordinates. Then he entered the location into Google Maps. He walked right up to his Spark in a forest at night with just a flashlight. Worth a try. Best of luck...

I tried the vid it helped me get close

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar