Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost Map On ipad

Coconut Pete

Join
Jan 30, 2018
I just noticed yesterday that when I switch the display on the ipad from camera to "map" the map is no longer there. I don't use it often so not real sure when it went away and why. I have even reduced myself to scanning the instructions but I guess I am not "searching" for the right words. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Is your mobile device connected to the Internet while flying? If not, you'll need to cache the maps ahead of time like this.

This is VERY, VERY helpful. And confusing. For some reason I do NOT have the same screen as you do under General Settings.

Under Calibrate Map Coordinates ( For China….

I have Video Cache and setting for that, not

Cache in the background

However with your dandy instructions I was able to get maps back. I got a bit carried away and now have stuff all the way to Cuba.

Thanks again

Coconut Pete

not

Cache in the background
That feature is automatically enabled when using a version of DJI GO and/or flying a drone where it's not visible.

so I'm assuming that I do not have that for the SPARK? True?

BTW, do you have a recommendation on how to deal with screen glare. So far the additions i have tried have not worked very well for me. I have had difficulty getting to the ipad air (that's what i am using) screen. Would love some more of your excellent advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar