Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost spark

At that altitude and battery level, the battery shut off mid-flight and the Spark dropped like a rock out of the sky. It should be somewhere in that area (maybe in a tree/bush or on a rooftop).

Try looking at the find my drone in the dji go 4 app it should show the last place the drone was before it went down unless it lost it's signal on the way back home.

looking at the flight record I think it lost connection when RTH was enabled but them went higher in the process whilst it wasn't connected, it really could be anywhere , the app shows it is near to where I was flying but I have searched that area with no joy

if the flight log is correct at 1200" coming down in a free fall , i would not like to see the end results no matter where it landed .
where are you located ? .

if the flight log is correct at 1200" coming down in a free fall , i would not like to see the end results no matter where it landed .
where are you located ? .
I am based in Witney Oxfordshire, I have sent an email to DJI to have a look at the log as I had no control from around 600 feet, and according to the flight record the drone increased altitude by 300 feet at 800feet it then went straight to 1140 feet within a second, something doesn't seem right to me I had enough battery for it to return home safely too

I am based in Witney Oxfordshire, I have sent an email to DJI to have a look at the log as I had no control from around 600 feet, and according to the flight record the drone increased altitude by 300 feet at 800feet it then went straight to 1140 feet within a second, something doesn't seem right to me I had enough battery for it to return home safely too
if what you say is correct you may be in line for a replacement spark . a spark can not go up 500 feet in a few seconds . the battery at the end is way down on power as i understand the spark should have landed way before that .

if what you say is correct you may be in line for a replacement spark . a spark can not go up 500 feet in a few seconds . the battery at the end is way down on power as i understand the spark should have landed way before that .
It was really surreal how it jumped in height so quick, and then I saw it on the flight record which confirms the jump in altitude, I hope they will offer a replacement of some kind as I don't believe this was a human error

a quick at your file , @ minute 4.52 800.1ft next entry minute 5.44.1 1141.1 ft downlink restored . you were disconnected from your spark for over a minute .

a quick at your file , @ minute 4.52 800.1ft next entry minute 5.44.1 1141.1 ft downlink restored . you were disconnected from your spark for over a minute .
I was literally just looking at that, so that is why it went up so much higher with the space of a min, however it doesn't explain why it didn't RTH before hand and it shows I was pulling down on the RC too but had little effect, I have no idea, I hope they will fully investigate it tho to get some answers

I was literally just looking at that, so that is why it went up so much higher with the space of a min, however it doesn't explain why it didn't RTH before hand and it shows I was pulling down on the RC too but had little effect, I have no idea, I hope they will fully investigate it tho to get some answers
something is wrong , should have landed .

something is wrong , should have landed
It wasn't descending because the downward sensors were detecting an obstacle beneath the Spark. What they were detecting is quite a mystery.

It wasn't descending because the downward sensors were detecting an obstacle beneath the Spark. What they were detecting is quite a mystery.
Where did you see it had detected an obstacle? That would be very strange tho as what would be hovering that high in the sky like that?? There are no tall buildings or trees in fact it’s a very open space

Do you have any 3rd party accessories installed near the bottom of your Spark?

A cloud perhaps at that altitude?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex