Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mounting my controller on a tripod

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
Has anyone else tried doing this? The main reason I've done this is to allow me to have a stable base for the controller. This way I don't have to worry about holding and balancing the controller. I can actually just rest my hands on the controller and use two fingers on the joysticks. (I have some mild Essential Tremor and it affects my fine motor control) This makes controlling the aircraft much easier for me.
IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG

Has anyone else tried doing this? The main reason I've done this is to allow me to have a stable base for the controller. This way I don't have to worry about holding and balancing the controller. I can actually just rest my hands on the controller and use two fingers on the joysticks. (I have some mild Essential Tremor and it affects my fine motor control) This makes controlling the aircraft much easier for me.
View attachment 13407
View attachment 13408
looks good to me! My tripod setup is a great tool in my armoury. I don't use it on every occasion but it's great to have a choice.
Well done on overcoming any challenges!!!

View attachment 13407
View attachment 13408

Good looking rig.

And here I thought the neck lanyard was the best thing ever.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianP
looks good to me! My tripod setup is a great tool in my armoury. I don't use it on every occasion but it's great to have a choice.
Well done on overcoming any challenges!!!
Your rig looks good, particularly the sun shade. Not being able to read my display is why I ended up buying the Chrystal sky. I love it. And the same as you, I don't use the tripod all the time. Undo the quick release plate on the tripod and I can use it with the lanyard.

The red piece is a store bought mount specifically for the Chrystalsky, the aluminum coloured piece is an adapter between that mount and the quick release plate on the tripod. Designed and built by meself.

Last edited:
Your rig looks good, particularly the sun shade. Not being able to read my display is why I ended up buying the Chrystal sky. I love it.
cheers Barbara!
The ipad Pro 9.7" is earning it's keep on my tripod.
It def' benefits from the sunshade.
Glad you CrystalSky is doing good!
Have fun!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67