Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Spark almost hit a tree

IPedro

Join
Oct 28, 2018
I was flying normally (Height: 80 meters)
Then I lost connection and RTH was triggered. Then, the spark didnt go up 30m, as programmed, and it flew straight. Almost hit a tree. Why didnt it go up?

Then I lost connection and RTH was triggered. Then, the spark didnt go up 30m, as programmed, and it flew straight. Almost hit a tree. Why didnt it go up?
Since you already exceed 30m, then it directly going to home point.

30 m is minimum height that user can set, but if it already exceed, then spark will not ascend anymore.

Since you already exceed 30m, then it directly going to home point.

30 m is minimum height that user can set, but if it already exceed, then spark will not ascend anymore.
It's not true actually.
If it was true, then rth altitude setting would be useless.

It's not true actually.
If it was true, then rth altitude setting would be useless.

You can set higher than 30 m if you like, but it works like that, so you specify MINIMUM height for RTH, and will Go to that height if it below your setting, but if it already higher then it don’t decrease the height in order to RTH.

Try read the PDF manual in your phone again.

You mentioned altitude, but you didn't mention distance.
Also, you didn't mention rth settings in go4 app.

Rth procedure is a little complicated, and is dependent on settings, distance and height.

You mentioned altitude, but you didn't mention distance.
Also, you didn't mention rth settings in go4 app.

Rth procedure is a little complicated, and is dependent on settings, distance and height.
i’ll definitely need help. I can give to you the flight logs. Can you help me please?

Last edited:
try setting it a higher setting . if i am reading what you said and if you are flying at 80m and you set at 30m that is 50m lower than what you set it at .it will not go up another 30m that's not how it works . it's from when you take off ground zero .
one other thing , how high are the trees where you fly 340 plus feet ?

Reactions: rich777

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex