Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark 2 at DJI's Because Life is Big Event? One product already confirmed!

zeeeegerman

Join
Nov 14, 2018
Hey all,

DJI is holding a release event in NY on the 28th. Do you think we will see a Spark 2.0?

Osmo Pocket is coming:

Don’t think so, think the Mavic Air is the successor of the Spark..

Hm that would hinder many customers of trying out the DJI Ecosystem. At double the price the air is quite a bit more expensive.

The gap from Tello to Mavic Air is pretty big if so. I don’t see it.

Spark 2 - with waypoints, RAW image files, and 1080/24/30/60, a 3-axis gimbal and even 4K, would sell well.

And the thing is, that's probably all software...DJI could give us all that (except the gimbal and 4K?) with a simple firmware update.

Yes, it would eat into the sales of the Air and Mavic, but it would also invigorate Spark sales.

Hello. This is what se need
We have to aak for it !!!!!!
Nah - Dji's idea of waypoints sucks. Litchi is far more capable and is working now.
You'll never get RAW and 4K video because the thing simply doesn't have enough internal flash storage for firmware big enough to contain the codecs for video and DNG raw files. Not to mention the very very best you could actually hope for is 2.7k because part of the image sensor area is used for stabilization to compensate for the 2 axis gimbal.
By the time you've added the necessaary hardware to enable all that you have the Air - which has more/better sensors, battery size etc.
Every product has a niche and the hardware is designed to fulfill the requirements to realize that niche.
Wishing for more is simply acknowledging that you should have spent more - simple as that.

"Wishing for more is simply acknowledging that you should have spent more - simple as that."

True. However, had I known the Mavic air was coming. I would not have bought the Spark. I feel sucker punched. The Spark was released in May 2017 (or there about), and the Air was released less than a year later. It would have been nice if DJI offered a trade in at that time. I realize it's pennies on the dollar, but it would have at least offset the cost.

I have since moved on to a used (Battery 2 charges) MP Alpine White, so no hard feelings. Still, had the air been released before the Spark, nobody would have bought the Spark, and I suspect DJI marketing knew that...sucker punch.

Mavic Air with Occusync?

Good point.

What good is the distance if the flight time is short.

Unless it is used for a solid transmission signal for video connection vs distance?

Just thinking out loud.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502