Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Noobie from Northern NJ!!!

mr_spark

Join
Aug 5, 2018
Just got a spark as a gift and flown it twice in the last three weeks. This thing is a pain in the... lol I live in a "no fly zone" and I hate it! I've unlocked the zones twice but it's only taken off once. Can anyone help?:mad:

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.

I would suggest you take it to an area you know is not in an NFZ and see if it performs as expected just to rule the NFZ out.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, mr_spark.

The NFZ are an unpleasant surprise when opening up the Spark.
I haven't had to mess with it myself but others on SparkPilots have and may be able to help.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

All I can suggest is that you find an app that shows the NFZ in your area. Airmap for drones is 1 app, although I also use another app from the Australian Federal Aviation Authority. Then you can see the NFZs & find somewhere to fly. Beware of temporary NFZ that pop up for various reasons.

I had a similar reaction when I got my spark, it is not mentioned in the advertising by any drone makers.

I live in NJ surrounded by NFZs. The woods and the ball fields both are generally good to go. However when the President visits NJ both Bedminster and Morristown form an NFZ net.
On these occasions I roll back using a well known mod and fly whithin line of sight just above trees or performing a dronie slalom through the newly planted areas.
Whether or it’s a temporary VIP no-fly zone or not; the police never fail to smile and wave if they come down that road and make the U-turn where it dead ends in the woods.
I’m never reckless.
Quite often I set up just in sight of my car. With three batteries and the charge on the go case I can be there buzzing around for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef