Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable causes all indicators on DJI Go 4 app to read N/A

Im in the EU and the video feed via WiFi is laggy and even shuts down for couple of seconds. Unuseable and i use an official supported Android device, Sony Z3.

All these problems vanish when i use a modded app but now im in risk of losing warranty.
There's no doubting that you all overseas really got "screwed" on the while WIFI debacle. IMO DJI should "throw you all a bone" like a 25% accessory voucher.

Not all androids are OTG (on the go) compatible it is best to check to see if your phone is OTG by downloading a OTG checker from the play store. I don't use one, my tablet is not OTG but i have heard that you must connect the OTG in a certain order... dont quote me on this but i think it was turn on the spark then controller let them connect then hit airplane mode on phone then plug in OTG any other way wont work. sometimes you have to turn off the controller then turn it back on to see it connect.
anyway it probably just a mute point as it connects fine without it ...

No he’s not, not single Android device has the otg cable working. So why you assume Dji is having an issue developing a solution? They arent developing a solution, period.
The little bit I've been here this seems the case to me. Most apps tell you what it works on/isn't supported etc no reason it shouldn't work on the android phones it used to work on.

Reactions: ZPFunk
My hope is that DJI will eventually have a solution to this. They are utilizing the OTG with their goggles and advise in their Crystal Sky mounting bracket instructions that "A USB OTG cable is required with the Spark".(but it does not work) It is to their advantage to give their many world wide customers the very best video reception to fly their products safely.

Reactions: John-yyb
My hope is that DJI will eventually have a solution to this. They are utilizing the OTG with their goggles and advise in their Crystal Sky mounting bracket instructions that "A USB OTG cable is required with the Spark".(but it does not work) It is to their advantage to give their many world wide customers the very best video reception to fly their products safely.
Yeah I don't think that's a ridiculous thing to expect. And there are many android users.

I have a s8+ was worried about otg. Will have to see what range I get.
I'm flying with an S8+ and haven't had any issues as long as LOS is clear. Control remains stable but video feed gets sketchy flying at great distances or around obstacles. Haven't flown since the latest updates. So maybe it's better now?

For the life of me I don't understand all the complaining about otg. It simply is not needed or necessary. I have not had one issue in my 18 flights.

It's much more of an issue in Europe where without OTG we are forced to use 5.8G wifi connection between controller and Spark, which is extremely restricted on transmission power by CE regulation. I can barely fly 200m without losing connection and RTH. With OTG I could switch to 2.4G wifi which is much better. When this was available I never had any range issues for my purposes.

You shouldn't even need it. I'm new with my Spark but yesterday I flew 300 ft up and 2600 ft out with NO issues whatsoever. Rock solid connection. I did it 3 flights. No need for OTG.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
When I first bought my spark, I couldn’t fly 2 feet w/o packets on the screen and total blackouts. But as there were more updates, the screen is getting better. Only a few times of late I have had problems. But you must realize I fly by the book +4, just like driving. If the freeway is 65, I drive 69. And beings the spark is so small, LOS really isn’t that far. I have flown 2000 feet with no problems, and I couldn’t see it. I use an iPad mini 4. Totally recommend.
Oh yeah... I can’t tell you how happy I am with the portable charger and it’s bag... That should be the combo package.

I think that Dave woods was trying to explain why DJI is having an issue with developing a solution for OTG to work on Android OS and he is 100% correct
That makes total sense. It used to work for Android, but DJI intentionally removed it. I doubt that they would intentionally upset customers, so maybe there have been safety related incidents using OTG on the Android platform. I'm sure that it will be back when the bugs are worked out.

No he’s not, not single Android device has the otg cable working. So why you assume Dji is having an issue developing a solution? They arent developing a solution, period.
OTG did work with Android devices until DJI blocked it for the reasons I politely explained they did NOT disable it on IOS for the very same reasons I politely explained you can Rubbish these reasons if you wish but that doesnt stop them being a fact

OTG did work with Android devices until DJI blocked it for the reasons I politely explained they did NOT disable it on IOS for the very same reasons I politely explained you can Rubbish these reasons if you wish but that doesnt stop them being a fact

Polite or not, its simply your opinion that dji is working on a solution, no facts. Unless you're dji's spokesman wich you're not

Last edited:
Anyone else find it comical how angry people get over a feature that isn't even a feature?
Honestly I think the frustration are the inconsistencies that DJI advertises and lack of communication including what is on the website or chat that engages the questions with them.

They should be a lot clearer to avoid assumptions that starts to run rampid in the community.

Reactions: zayyarl and lasorey
Honestly I think the frustration are the inconsistencies that DJI advertises and lack of communication including what is on the website or chat that engages the questions with them.

They should be a lot clearer to avoid assumptions that starts to run rampid in the community.

If they were smart, they would have disabled OTG outright in the first firmware update until they got it fully working (or not). Problem is, they left it alone, and it took on a life of its own. From Day 1 they said "OTG not supported", then it kinda was, but not, but they never killed it. Then people who had it and started to rely on it (knowing full well they may lose it) got angry when it started to not work.

Reactions: zayyarl and lasorey
Polite or not, its simply your opinion that dji is working on a solution, no facts. Unless you're dji's spokesman wich you're not
I have NEVER once said DJI are working on any solution I only Explained why for DJI or any other company it is Difficuilt to code for Android VS IOS not only are you rude you are confused and rude pmease aim your vitriolic drivel at the correct people in future

Anyone else find it comical how angry people get over a feature that isn't even a feature?
Some people just cant understand basic truths unfortunately and then tey to argue over something that was never said its a case of EGO vs reality im afraid [emoji23]

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Here you already reacted to me with nonsens. I ignored you but you kept coming back to repeat your nonsens.

So once again, no facts only your opinion.
And once again your aiming your nonsense at the wromg person now get a life [emoji16]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena