Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable still used? after latest update Nov 2018

MarkBarnes

Join
Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

I am new to Spark drone but have viewed quite a few videos on flying tips and tricks.

Wondering if there is still any advantage from turning off wifi/bluetooth on the phone/tablet and connecting to controller using an OTG cable.

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to Spark drone but have viewed quite a few videos on flying tips and tricks.

Wondering if there is still any advantage from turning off wifi/bluetooth on the phone/tablet and connecting to controller using an OTG cable.

Thanks
You get better and more stable transmission signal and video feed for your phone. It's less choppy transmission to your video feed. Done prior report on getting better signal strength. OTG is what I've found more stable live video streaming

You get better and more stable transmission signal and video feed for your phone. It's less choppy transmission to your video feed. Done prior report on getting better signal strength. OTG is what I've found more stable live video streaming

I normally turn Spark on, Controller on, then turn phone/Tablet Blutooth and wireless off then connect OTG. this normally starts flying app up and off we go.

Cheers.

Sorry, I have lots of questions...

Where is the best place to buy an OTG cable? Do they all do the same job.
Sorry also, do you NEED to turn of bluetooth etc on the phone for it to work?
Do you still need the wifi to connect the remote to the phone?
Will the app automatically pick it up?
Will it increase my range?

Thanks

Answers to 99% of ya questions are above

OTG cable cost 5 - 10$ depends where ya get it.

Setup once ya have wifi/Blutooth off.

Start the fly program it will prob ask you to turn on wifi to setup.

Once setup next time you have OTG connected with wifi/Blutooth off it should auto start the flying program.

I normally turn Spark on, Controller on, then turn phone/Tablet Blutooth and wireless off then connect OTG. this normally starts flying app up and off we go.

Cheers.

I've never been able to get an OTG cable to work, wish I could.

I used to use a special sequence but now I just start turning things on in no particular order and have no problems. I do make sure my iphone is in airplane mode and wifi off to prevent pop-ups and other distractions that cause loss of the screen and the need to re-open the DJI4 app. I think it's some kind of drone demon that causes problems when you first try to hook up.
Happy flyin

I used to use a special sequence but now I just start turning things on in no particular order and have no problems. I do make sure my iphone is in airplane mode and wifi off to prevent pop-ups and other distractions that cause loss of the screen and the need to re-open the DJI4 app. I think it's some kind of drone demon that causes problems when you first try to hook up.
Happy flyin
Not all OTG cables are created equal!

When I got my mavic air I had fits with the supplied cable. As you know the air has a short otg that's fitted right into the R/C. Different cables would work once but then fail the second time... I sent it back and bitched like crazy about it and then found that my Iphone 5SE would down load the DJI4 and run the spark with no problems but it would not run the Mavic Air and in fact, was not listed as being able to run it. Nobody on DJI support mentioned that. OTG is the only way to go with the Spark. It's foolproof once you get it going. I can't remember if you have to have wifi going the first time but once you get it hooked up...turn off the wifi before turning on anything just to stop the possible popups. You can leave the R/C on while changing batteries too. Give it a few seconds..trust me...you'll be soon hooked up and ready to fly fly fly

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar