Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone Wi-Fi connection

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
For some reason, the Spark doesn't appear on my list of wi-fi connections unless I turn the controller off and on a second time, is this normal? I am using an Android Samsung J3

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Johnston
For some reason, the Spark doesn't appear on my list of wi-fi connections unless I turn the controller off and on a second time, is this normal? I am using an Android Samsung J3
how about the phone have you tried turning the wifi off & on ?

Are you in Europe maybe ? In Europe you can't connect using 5.8Ghz to the RC or the Spark, only 2.4 so it might be changing frequencies when it restarts. Normally the setting should stick for the next time you turn it on though.

Are you in Europe maybe ? In Europe you can't connect using 5.8Ghz to the RC or the Spark, only 2.4 so it might be changing frequencies when it restarts. Normally the setting should stick for the next time you turn it on though.
Could be, but it happens every time

Yes. That is normal.

The Sparks wifi won't connect to phone and RC at the same time. So you need to turn off the RC for Spark to show up in phone's WiFi settings.

So to follow the replies through. When you go into smart flight mode from RC . Does the phone connect directly to the drone or does it still go through the RC ?

I have found that if you have an OTG cable (worth getting if you haven’t got one) and follow the sequence of turning on Spark and RC, wait for the green light on the RC and then connect up the OTG (into phone first then to RC) it all works pretty well. This is with an iPad though but can’t see why it wouldn’t work with a Samsung

Reactions: Sgt2231 and MarRoh
i have the problem to but i have an iPhone i just exit wi-fi in the settings then open it again and it pops right up

i have the problem to but i have an iPhone i just exit wi-fi in the settings then open it again and it pops right up
I have found the only way is to turn the remote off and on again, and it is always there on the second attempt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme