Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Please help - Day 1 cannot fly :(

camedia

Join
Jul 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just got it and super excitement has turned to sadness.

Basically the App keeps saying "cannot take off in no fly zone" but its in my house and outside I'm many many miles away from an airport. did calibrate also.

when i try to take off, it asks me to certify, which I try but then it says "certificate can't be generated from server" which seems like an error msg.

I've no idea what to do. On the web my area looks yellow

i've hit update from inside the app - is there anything else to do? i also re-downloaded the app.

I do have a new theory which is that the president is apparently near where i live in NJ and on AIRMAP its showing a temporary restriction - totally disappointing for me. if this is the reason, is there anyway around this to at least use it inside my own house?

i've hit update from inside the app - is there anything else to do? i also re-downloaded the app.

I do have a new theory which is that the president is apparently near where i live in NJ and on AIRMAP its showing a temporary restriction - totally disappointing for me. if this is the reason, is there anyway around this to at least use it inside my own house?

If you fly inside your house, phone screen should display 'atti mode' which does not have access to satelites therefore able to fly. Turn on airplane mode on your phone then try gain in your home.

Could there be another airport you're not familiar with? Like an executive airport? Where in NJ?

Hi everyone,

Just got it and super excitement has turned to sadness.

Basically the App keeps saying "cannot take off in no fly zone" but its in my house and outside I'm many many miles away from an airport. did calibrate also.

when i try to take off, it asks me to certify, which I try but then it says "certificate can't be generated from server" which seems like an error msg.

I've no idea what to do. On the web my area looks yellow

Go somewhere else to make sure.

It could be also a stadium or other restrictive stuff.
You also try the app "UAV Forecast" android/IOS which is free for 24h forecast. It has a map function where it can show you what are the restrictions from DJI and some other sources.
Very helpful. Just sometimes the refresh of the map is not perfect and it require to go in the settings and back to map to see the update map. Seems for me for IOS, on android I don't see such refresh issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme