Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

power off props while in flight

DJIBILL

Join
Dec 21, 2018
What would happen for instance to avoid a mid air you chop the power to your props , pull both sticks down and center like starting. would the spark fall straight down or tumble towards the ground. Can you restart the props and the Spark will re-right itself, or will it crash?

From what I have read - that E-stop feature was removed early on.

What would happen for instance to avoid a mid air you chop the power to your props , pull both sticks down and center like starting. would the spark fall straight down or tumble towards the ground. Can you restart the props and the Spark will re-right itself, or will it crash?

The CSC doesn't work on the Spark.

But here is a video of a Mavic stopping and then restarting the motors during a flight if you want to see it.

Reactions: tfrank48
The Spark would fall straight back to the ground very rapidly.

i don't understand if i am on the ground, i pull both sticks down and to the center the props start if i do that again they stop...so stopping the props when flying will not work? what about going to sports mode will the spark descend faster ?

i don't understand if i am on the ground, i pull both sticks down and to the center the props start if i do that again they stop...so stopping the props when flying will not work? what about going to sports mode will the spark descend faster ?

The CSC works on the ground, but not in the air.

I think it used to work, but has been disabled a long time ago.

Perhaps DJI decided the Spark isn't much of a threat to have an emergency shut down or maybe since the Spark was new to the first time drone consumer, DJI didn't want to replace a lot of Sparks due to peopke fumbling around with the remote?

I've actually tried it a few times and it didn't work for me.

Here's a YouTube video attempting to shut down the Spark.

Sport mode may allow a faster descent but the prop wash may slow it down.

If you gave enough airspace, some pilots corkscrew down that may be quicker?

The CSC works on the ground, but not in the air.

I think it used to work, but has been disabled a long time ago.

Perhaps DJI decided the Spark isn't much of a threat to have an emergency shut down or maybe since the Spark was new to the first time drone consumer, DJI didn't want to replace a lot of Sparks due to peopke fumbling around with the remote?

I've actually tried it a few times and it didn't work for me.

Here's a YouTube video attempting to shut down the Spark.

Sport mode may allow a faster descent but the prop wash may slow it down.

If you gave enough airspace, some pilots corkscrew down that may be quicker?
FYI- I was flying around the house using goggles. I was up to about 50' or so. The battery was low and went into RTH. Since I was new to using the goggles, I had no idea how to cancel it since it was trying to get up to the "set" height of 120' during RTH. If I had been using the phone, it is easy to cancel but I had no idea how to with goggles. So, in a panic, there were trees above it, I pushed the sticks into center and down. Not sure if that stopped it or the branch the props found but it fell about 55' or so on to tall grass. No damage but maybe it worked?

I pushed the sticks into center and down. Not sure if that stopped it or the branch the props found but it fell about 55' or so on to tall grass. No damage but maybe it worked?

Perhaps it does work?
I've tried before and all it did was spiral down weird.

I've read posts like yours saying yes, and others say no?

Maybe the use of the goggles has an effect in the Go4 software and makes it available, if implemented?

I have read posts about not being able to retrieve flight logs when using the goggles?
Even DJI couldn't find them?
Bugs in the system?

It would be good to know if it does actually work on the Spark for those "Oh Fudge!" (Only I didn't say fudge) situations. ?

Sounds crazy but I'd suggest you and a friend try something. Get it up in the air about 60' or so. and then your friend, who is coordinated, stand under with a large pillow or blanket. Also make sure that when he/she looks up at the spark, they are not blinded by sunlight. Try the maneuver and if it works, your friend can catch it. Otherwise, it may not work and you have learned.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme