Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC WiFi password

Erbster

Join
Dec 18, 2018
A while back Go4 was nagging me that my rc password was insecure. I’ve just got round to looking into this. Password default is 12341234 but I’m not sure how to change it. Manual does not mention it and google turns up a post on DJI forum that it is fixed, but the post was over a year old.

Anyone know about this?

Hi I changed my two days ago what I did was wait till I connected to the air craft and I got the message on screen saying password weak change it , it then gave me an option to press ok so I did that . It then gives you an option with the key board to delete the ***** and put in your new password . It will then say password changed re start rc . Do that and try to connect again looking for spark rc on Wi-fi . Press connect as usual and it says password not valid or something like that . Now you put in the new one you chose and connect as normal . See if this helps ??

Thanks.

Funny thing is that it’s stopped asking me, so I don’t get that option. Ive been poking around in Go4 and it looks like the ssid and pwd can be changed there, but I was worried about changing it in case I locked myself out.

The scenarios that would allow somebody to hijack your your drone using the default passcode are exceedingly unlikely. They can't do it once both units are on and paired. And if you power on your RC first that is nearly instantaneous.

Much more likely you would lock yourself out of just forget your "custom" password. You can always reset the RC if that happened - but the process is often fidgety and unreliable.

I just stick to 12341234. Sometimes real convenience trumps perceived security

Thanks.

Funny thing is that it’s stopped asking me, so I don’t get that option. Ive been poking around in Go4 and it looks like the ssid and pwd can be changed there, but I was worried about changing it in case I locked myself out.

Just write it down somewhere it’s not like you are putting your bank details down .. good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502