Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Recording keeps stopping

dronoscar

Join
Nov 17, 2017
Just got my Ipad mini 4 on the mail today, which I bought to fly the Spark. Configured everything and as I am flying, the recording keeps stopping on its own. Goes for a few seconds, sometimes minutes and stops. With and without the OTG. Is it a configuration issue on the Ipad? It would seem like a cache limit issue. It's at max (16gb) on the app. Did not have any problems (of this kind) flying with my Android devices. Please advice. Very frustrating.

Reactions: BrilhasMuito
Just got my Ipad mini 4 on the mail today, which I bought to fly the Spark. Configured everything and as I am flying, the recording keeps stopping on its own. Goes for a few seconds, sometimes minutes and stops. With and without the OTG. Is it a configuration issue on the Ipad? It would seem like a cache limit issue. It's at max (16gb) on the app. Did not have any problems (of this kind) flying with my Android devices. Please advice. Very frustrating.

That can be an unsupported SD card. I had exactly the same issue. Solved it when bought a supported SD.
Below you find the SD cards that Spark supports. Remembering that 64gb is the limit and it has to be a class 10 card.

Sandisk 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16/32 GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 64 GB UHS-I Micro SDXC

I had a card that worked fine for the first couple of months but then I started having the problem you're having. I also noticed that a small yellow triangle appeared above the sd card symbol on the camera OSD just before the recording cut out - presumably this means the spark is having trouble writing data.

Got a new card (compatible, see post above) and everything's been fine since.

Yes, the card for sure. Don’t forget to format your card. You only need a gig or so to test your video. I fly with a mini4 and it works flawlessly.
I would recommend turning off your “cache on device” setting. You will only need your HD video from your card anyway. In particular if you want to be able to record your flights with a Screen Recorder. That will occupy space on your ipad. But such a useful tool to have.

Last edited:
Yes, the card for sure. Don’t forget to format your card. You only need a gig or so to test your video. I fly with a mini4 and it works flawlessly.
I would recommend turning off your “cache on device” setting. You will only need your HD video from your card anyway. In particular if you want to be able to record your flights with a Screen Recorder. That will occupy space on your ipad. But such a useful tool to have.
I was having the same problem. I now format the card every time I fly.

Yes, it does make a difference. With most devices you can get away with formatting it on a PC, AFTER TRANSFERRING your videos and pics. But because not all of us use Windows based machines, I believe it agood practice to follow DJI protocol and format it using the Spark. Others may feel differently, but this practice works for me.
Cheers friends,
“To TG or Not to TG” that is the question.⚡

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard