Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote Controller vs Phone for Piloting SPARK .Poll.

Remote Controller vs Phone for Piloting SPARK

• Phone/Tablet only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gesture Control only (no Remote Controller or Phone/T)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On a whim today, I bought a Spark at Sam’s Club (came with a controller and 2 batteries) and I haven’t opened the box yet, but I’m totally uncomfortable thinking about flying my Spark with anything other than a controller.

I have 4 Yuneec Q500 4K drones and one Yuneec Typhoon H drone, all of which I’m comfortable with, using the large controllers.

Waving my hand at a drone makes me even more uncomfortable.

It's not a real dilemma, in real life.

Spark without controller, is very limited, so if you fly once with controller, you will never return to "visual sticks".

Yea, I only fly with remote because I am sure the virtual sticks' precision will not be good especially for taking smooth video. Someday I should try it without r/c and see how it actually is.

I don't understand how option 2 is different from option 4.

The option 4 is if you use both, but at different times.

Sometimes with the remote, or not the remote but with the device instead.

At least that's how I read it to be?

I use the remote, always have.

I can't see why one would switch back and forth because the remote isn't all that cumbersome to carry, unless the battery is dead and you just have to get the shot of a lifetime with just the device.

at least one option missing: "just gestures control (no RC or phone)".

Realistically I doubt anyone uses this option other than for testing.

The option 4 is if you use both, but at different times.

Sometimes with the remote, or not the remote but with the device instead.

At least that's how I read it to be?

I use the remote, always have.

I can't see why one would switch back and forth because the remote isn't all that cumbersome to carry, unless the battery is dead and you just have to get the shot of a lifetime with just the device.

Yup, that is the difference.

Phone is OK for super close selfie type shots. Controller definitely needed for longer distance cinematic shots and precise control of the drone.

Even if you fly in hand gestures mode, you should have connected RC (or just your phone), because during gestures spark will become uncontrollable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef