Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SeventhFairy has passed away

I

Inactive

So I downgraded the djigo app one version down today, and still I lost video feed. So when I tried to gain altitude, it said aircraft disconnected then it just crashed in a neighbors yard after falling nearly 50 feet near a tree that was only 25 feet away. I don't have the insurance so I am on my way now to just buy a new one. I would have just got the insurance as it's cheaper, but the spark is completely destroyed.

Reactions: Davenwolf
So I downgraded the djigo app one version down today, and still I lost video feed. So when I tried to gain altitude, it said aircraft disconnected then it just crashed in a neighbors yard after falling nearly 50 feet near a tree that was only 25 feet away. I don't have the insurance so I am on my way now to just buy a new one. I would have just got the insurance as it's cheaper, but the spark is completely destroyed.
Karma is a ***** lol :p

Karma? Lol I'm just setting up my new spark I just purchased from best buy as I type this. Just waiting for the updates to install. And btw, if your saying karma because of what my bf was doing, i won't let him get arrested for doing stupid things like he did in the past.

How it fell down
Well when it lost video it was over where I live, I was able to see the my yard before it crashed, what I didn't know was that the image I was looking at was a lagged out screen freeze from earlier. My drone was over my yard, but it was next to our large pine tree. Since I couldn't really on video anylonger I tried to move the drone up and down so I could see it moving, but when I moved it up to gain altitude I hit the branch.
I was coming from the left of my house, it was on the right side where the tree is. This is why I was using video to navigate before it messed up and why I was trying to raise and lower altitude because I was hoping to see it fly up above my roof. But the branch caught it. I just got back from buying a new one though.

Thank goodness the Sparks are cheap and easily replaceable. Imagine if it had been a new MP 2............ouch. Enjoy your new one!

Thank goodness the Sparks are cheap and easily replaceable. Imagine if it had been a new MP 2............ouch. Enjoy your new one!
Thank you for your kind reply. But it's a little pricy for me, lol I sure can't buy one Everytime I crash it though lol. I'm getting the insurance with this one.l

Yeah but I sure can't afford to buy a new one Everytime I crash it though so I will just get the insurance with this one lol. Thank you for your kind reply.

Buy insurance fro State Farm, very reasonable, zero deductible.
Lol I meant for the spark lol. I don't think State farm covers drones. Lol but if they did I wonder what it would be like. Lol too funny.

Sorry for your loss. I hope that the new one does not have the same issues from the software. Have you thought of contacting DJI anyway to complain about the firmware update and what it did to your Spark?

Honestly after the first crash in a sent it in to DJI for repairs after I got it back I noticed things were going wrong but I just didn't have the money at the time to send it back second time for repairs

Honestly after the first crash in a sent it in to DJI for repairs after I got it back I noticed things were going wrong but I just didn't have the money at the time to send it back second time for repairs
If this was a drone that they had repaired and it still had enough problems to crash, I would think that DJI would and should pay the shipping and send you a new Spark. I couldn't hurt a thing to contact them about this. I think that if you do, you should include the previous pictures of the messed up video feed and tell them about the erratic behavior before the crash. It definitely sounds like an issue with the repaired Spark and/or the firmware update caused the crash and not pilot error.

I have both of my drones insured with State Farm, contact a local State Farm agency and inquire.

I have both of my drones insured with State Farm, contact a local State Farm agency and inquire.

I must point out that individual results may vary.
Local State Farm agent will be happy to insure me...so long as I take out a home owner's insurance policy so the rider can be drawn up.
I said State Farm offers this as a stand alone policy for $65/yr
They never messaged me back...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast