Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Shipping a Spark to UK?

peterpan_cake

Join
Jul 12, 2017
Hello everyone:)
I've bought a Mavic on Fasttech for my friend, I'm gonna give him a surprise!

It's the first time I buy it on this vendor, it has good deal but I dont know a lot about shipping. As I've heard that it's not too easy to mail things to UK due to its security thing especially for its battery?
Can anyone tell me if it is okay to having the Mavic shipped to UK? Cos it's expensive... I wanna ensure it wont be checked for ages by the security...

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!

I'm from Belgium, and just ordered on DJI website ... they handle all difficulties for you. Don't hasitate to order there for the small extra.

Hi, I live in the UK and I ordered my Spark from Foxtech in China for $699 inc free priority delivery. It could only be sent via Fedex due to the battery and when I received it there was a whole bunch of official paperwork regarding the battery in the shipping docs. It took 3 days to get here. I would have been quicker had the parcel not missed the cut off on day one.

Hello everyone:)
I've bought a Mavic on Fasttech for my friend, I'm gonna give him a surprise!

It's the first time I buy it on this vendor, it has good deal but I dont know a lot about shipping. As I've heard that it's not too easy to mail things to UK due to its security thing especially for its battery?
Can anyone tell me if it is okay to having the Mavic shipped to UK? Cos it's expensive... I wanna ensure it wont be checked for ages by the security...

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!
I wanna be your friend too ... :)

Hi, I live in the UK and I ordered my Spark from Foxtech in China for $699 inc free priority delivery. It could only be sent via Fedex due to the battery and when I received it there was a whole bunch of official paperwork regarding the battery in the shipping docs. It took 3 days to get here. I would have been quicker had the parcel not missed the cut off on day one.
Hi, did you have to pay any import duty / tax?

Hi, did you have to pay any import duty / tax?

Nope. With exchange rates it came to £560 delivered. I think I just got lucky. But even if I paid the relevant tax it would have been cheaper than buying in U.K. And I got the sunrise yellow which isn't available here yet.

Hi Stupot,
Owe you a big thank you. I followed your lead and ordered my Spark from Foxtech. I was a bit wary at first, but as you could pay via Paypal I thought I'd take the chance as at least I'll be semi protected if it all went pear shaped. Anyway, they provided the tracking number and the expected delivery date was tomorrow by 6pm. I got regular email updates from FedEx and could check the progress. Got an email Saturday telling me my package was at Standstead Airport, then another this morning telling me it would be delivered today. At lunch time I went online to check the status one last time, but the tracking number was no longer valid, at that point I did start to get a little worried. But when I got home from work , my Spark was there waiting for me, so happy days . I would recommend anyone in the U.K who wants to save a few quid to buy from Foxtech. My Spark combo cost me £548 with free delivery, and didn't have to pay any import duty. The only thing of note, the sd memory card was missing and you need to get a uk lead for the battery charger. Now looking forward to taking the Spark out this weekend for its first flight.

Hi Stupot,
Owe you a big thank you. I followed your lead and ordered my Spark from Foxtech. I was a bit wary at first, but as you could pay via Paypal I thought I'd take the chance as at least I'll be semi protected if it all went pear shaped. Anyway, they provided the tracking number and the expected delivery date was tomorrow by 6pm. I got regular email updates from FedEx and could check the progress. Got an email Saturday telling me my package was at Standstead Airport, then another this morning telling me it would be delivered today. At lunch time I went online to check the status one last time, but the tracking number was no longer valid, at that point I did start to get a little worried. But when I got home from work , my Spark was there waiting for me, so happy days . I would recommend anyone in the U.K who wants to save a few quid to buy from Foxtech. My Spark combo cost me £548 with free delivery, and didn't have to pay any import duty. The only thing of note, the sd memory card was missing and you need to get a uk lead for the battery charger. Now looking forward to taking the Spark out this weekend for its first flight.

Glad to hear all went well. Just a word of warning. I have received a bill from FedEx for customs tax for £20. It says they are holding item but obviously I have received it. Even if I pay this the saving is still worth it.

I used an old sky box lead for the charger or you can get an adapter for a couple of pounds.

I was very impressed with Foxtech and FedEx. Would recommend.

Hi Stupot,
The only thing of note, the sd memory card was missing
I thought the spark doesnt come with an sd memory card? my flycombo package didnt at least. or did you add it to your order?

And I know actually for a fact that Fedex might come with a bill later.
They shipped items to my office a couple of times and only send the bill a month later.
I know that you can just choose not to pay as you have received the item, but according to some info, doing so might put you on blacklist. We always paid so no idea whether this is true or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef