Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

signal integrity

Xtian1206

Join
Jul 22, 2017
i finally had the chance and nerve to fly my SPARK to the maximum altitude allowed in the US ( set altitude at 120m).

everything was ok with it ascending BUT what i noticed was my video feed lagged intermittently, display on my iphone would at times go dark then go back normal and at times a light brown shade then normal display again. i am able to continue to ascend and reach maximum altitude after experiencing the aforementioned anomalies.

during these anomalies(?) i had no errors showing (i also made sure there was none prior to take off). i have my iphone connected to the RC via OTG and can confirm i have connectivity (i had my iphone's wifi off)

i was taking off from my house which is in a subdivision and with NO tall structures surrounding it, i do get a CLASS D airspace notice.

i am just wondering what these symptoms are about. i tried this the same flight pattern,( just going up) twice just to see if i can duplicate the issue and seems to me it was consistent on both flights that i somehow get interference(?) lag on my display.

thank you in advance for your kind thoughts.

Make sure the flats of the antennas are facing towards the A.C..

If your AC is going straight up and you are looking down at a phone, I bet your antennas are pointing forward, possibly losing connectivity?

Tilt your controller to face the AC.

That's my two cents worth.

Reactions: Xtian1206
Yup, when the AC is directly above you, lay the antennas out straight out parallel to ground so the flat side, is shooting up.

Reactions: Xtian1206
Make sure the flats of the antennas are facing towards the A.C..

If your AC is going straight up and you are looking down at a phone, I bet your antennas are pointing forward, possibly losing connectivity?

Tilt your controller to face the AC.

That's my two cents worth.

yesterday was the first time i adjusted the antenna like how i saw on a youtube video and that is, laying flat with one antenna facing up and the other facing down.

yesterday was the first time i adjusted the antenna like how i saw on a youtube video and that is, laying flat with one antenna facing up and the other facing down.
Recommended is to have both parallel and as others said, flat side pointing to the Spark (see user manual V1.4 page 38).
It will also work as you said (diversity configuration) but with reduced performance as it is made to use both antennas to improve quality of link (Mimo configuration). When not being parallel, it will be less directive, but only one antenna will be effective. It is not that difficult to point the RC antennas correctly to the Spark during the flight and benefit of an improved link.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit