Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sold Spark, how do I clear info?

Old Man Grizz

Join
Mar 10, 2018
Howdy, I sold one of my Sparks, and I was wondering what I have to do to give it cleanly to the next owner. It’s perfect, but it’s registered with DJI to me and I don’t know what I need to do...
Thanks so much for your help!!
Old Man Grizz

it’s registered with DJI to me
A drone can only be registered once and there is no way to de-register it. The new owner just needs to install DJI GO, log into their DJI account, and fly.

So, there is no way to transfer the Spark's serial or identification number to the new owner? That is a serious oversight on DJI's part. If I were to sell my Spark, I certainly would not want to give out or away my personal information in the process. This issue needs to be addressed by DJI for sure.

Reactions: Haggi
So, there is no way to transfer the Spark's serial or identification number to the new owner? That is a serious oversight on DJI's part. If I were to sell my Spark, I certainly would not want to give out or away my personal information in the process. This issue needs to be addressed by DJI for sure.
Actually, DJI doesn't keep some owner info.
They just keep the activation date, so they know if every drone they sell, is covered by warranty.

This date doesn't change, even if drone is sold to another user.

Actually, DJI doesn't keep some owner info.
They just keep the activation date, so they know if every drone they sell, is covered by warranty.

This date doesn't change, even if drone is sold to another user.
But why then would the new owner have to use my login information instead of being able to re-register the drone in their own name and information?

But why then would the new owner have to use my login information instead of being able to re-register the drone in their own name and information?
The new owner would use their own DJI login. Anybody can log into DJI GO and fly your drones. It doesn't matter who originally activated ("registered") them in DJI GO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena