Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sorry to ask this question again, but.

RaWine

Join
Oct 25, 2017
Hi

Because I googled the answer, on phone, transmitter and such but even after reading several answers I'm still not clear on it all. I put question marks on ones I'm not clear on.

You can fly the Spark with ONLY the transmitter ???
You can fly the spark with cell phone (yes)
You can fly the spark with cell and transmitter (yes)
You can fly the spark with only the cell phone and no sims card and no transmitter. ???

Not buying it until beginning of November

Also, I was going to get an iPhone5, but I read either here or somewhere else, it keeps sending popups on screen if you run it without a sims? Anyone know.?

Thanks.

Reactions: Wombatclay
Yes to all... but for safety and to keep a solid connection always use the controller.... plus without the controller your very restricted in range, speed and usability.

You can fly the Spark with ONLY the transmitter ???

You can but highly unadvisable to do so.

You have no telemetry information on a device to let you know of any problems with the flight.

I use both a iPhone SE with sim and an iPhone 5s without sim.
There are tons of popups, cluttering the left half on the screen on them both. None of them are related to the missing sim.
I theorize that the popups are less obstuctive on larger screens, since I am the only one that complains. But I don’t know.
I would not buy it for fun flying, because that’s not much fun. It’s made for camera use. That’s where the fun is.

Thanks all. I guess I will rethink the phone choice idea though. Perhaps I can ask the seller or tech if popups can be shut down on IPhone se.

Popups can't be disabled in the go app :(
There exists 3rd part apps without them, e.g. the free (ios only) vr pro for spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef