Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark for indoor flying over winter. Any good?

Steve UK

Join
Aug 5, 2017
I am happy with my Mavic Pro, but being in the UK expect there to be many days/weeks in the year when I will get very little flying in due to the weather.

Considering the Spark to give me my flying fix during these times.

Have tried various 'toy' quadcopters over the years for flying indoors, the ones where the battery lasts less than 5 minutes and it just careers into the nearest wall.

So how good is the Spark indoors?

Would get some use in the garden no doubt too but primarily interested in the feasibility of flying it indoors in a average sized UK house.

Thanks

Steve

Spark is a high spec quad, even it's small size , you won't use 80% of it's capabilities indoors . If you in indoors get a 50-100 $ FPV drone for fun .
Spark is good indoors but with propeller guard it's still not so tiny to fly everywhere . Second , a 100$ drone will have better FPV signal than spark+smartphone.

I'm teaching our SWAT team to fly indoors for tactical operations. It's been fantastic so far.

Reactions: chnuffi
I'm teaching our SWAT team to fly indoors for tactical operations. It's been fantastic so far.

This is great that you're doing that. Can you write a short paragraph of exactly what your training them to do ?

I assume go in and out of rooms etc. etc?? sounds fascinating… I wish I could take the course, or just see your lesson plan!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio