Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark jumping troubleshooting

Jiggly_Jugs99

Join
May 25, 2020
Hello I'm new here. I bought a second hand spark but it was in really great shape. It looked brand new. It flew really great for a month but the last couple days it's. Been jumping up and down, barely responding or not responding to the controller sometimes it tries to land itself and slams itself on the ground(only from at most 18 inches). I haven't done any mods or changed the way I connect to it since day one. The only thing is I put in a SD card. But the problems were presenting themselves before that. I connect with a lil 90° data cable after the drone and controller connect. And it's flown beautifully. I dunno how or where to start looking for the problem. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hello I'm new here. I bought a second hand spark but it was in really great shape. It looked brand new. It flew really great for a month but the last couple days it's. Been jumping up and down, barely responding or not responding to the controller sometimes it tries to land itself and slams itself on the ground(only from at most 18 inches). I haven't done any mods or changed the way I connect to it since day one. The only thing is I put in a SD card. But the problems were presenting themselves before that. I connect with a lil 90° data cable after the drone and controller connect. And it's flown beautifully. I dunno how or where to start looking for the problem. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Hi, have ever you calibrated your Spark? Or adjust the compass ? You might need to do that first...

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Hello from Hoosier Heartland Jiggly_Jugs99.

Are the props on the correct motors?

Are the bottom sensors clean?

Are you using a strobe light near the bottom sensors?

Here are some similar problems from the Forum that may shed some light.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

if you changed props that does it to mine the solution to that is a stiffer prop the ones it has now are trash

Very interesting. . .I've had my spark for almost 2 years. . .never had an issue. . I haven't flown it in about 3 or 4 months so I decided to take it out a few days ago. . .when I fired it up I was just on my deck, still receiving a wifi signal, it asked if I wanted to update the software so I figured, sure. . I did. Now my Spark displays this exact behavior! Erratic ascent. .up and down, stick full down and Spark won't descend, etc, etc. . .VERY disturbing to say the least. I have to guess that it has something to do with the latest software/firmware update. . I'll check the sensors, re-calibrate, etc. and hopefully that'll clear it up but I'm not feeling hopeful. . .might be looking into "rolling back" the software/firmware. . .will welcome any suggestions other than what's already been suggested or similar experiences? Thanks and I'll re-post when/if I learn anything.

I read this post days ago, and never had such an issue. I had done the spark firmware upgrade seems like a month ago and had many flights since then, but yesterday for the first time. I had this jumping bean effect when I took off. I rebooted and it did it again, but seemed to clear up when I got a bit of altitude.

Aircraft version 01.00.1000
Remote Controller 01.00.0600

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe