Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Lost.. Any Help

Samhodson95

Join
Mar 17, 2020
Hola!

I was using my spark today and it suddenly lost all ability to operate after about 2 minutes. I was not able to control it.

Subsequently it hit the smallest branch as jt veered away and fell into some water a mere 2 metres from me.

I'm super devastated. Ive been unable to retrieve it.

Is there anything i can do

Many thanks

Sam

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Samhodson95.

Sorry about your loss.
That's a bummer your Spark wanted to go swimming.

The flight log shows you didn't wait for a GPS lock and the Spark didn't get the Home Point updated until 1min 37 seconds into the flight, which means your flight may have been unstable while trying to gather enough GPS satellites.

How deep is the water and is it safe for swimming?
It looks like it may be near the bank of the bridge.
You might be able to get a fishing pole and go fishing for it by dredging the bottom with a big hook?

It looks like fresh water and if you find your Spark, it may fly again after a good dry.

Not so much if it was salt water.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Samhodson95
I hadnt noticed the GPS lock on this particularly flight, it's not good at all considering I've been using it for nearly a year now!

I took a huge fishing net i was loaned but i was unable to find it ?? never had the spark behave like this

Mine had a little trouble connecting to GPS the other day. Perhaps there is some solar activity. UAV forecast says "3" and says 3 and above may have trouble with GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast