Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark not taking photos in gesture mode

levin789

Join
Jun 21, 2017
is anyone else having this issue? When I fly my spark without the controller or phone (palm launch and gesture mode only) it does not save photos to the SD card. I make the gesture for a photo and the front led’s flash red for 3 seconds before turning solid red. I do the same thing when connected to my phone the gesture mode photos only show up after I press the shutter button on the app. I read this was an issue somewhere else. Has anyone figured out a workaround? I’ve already tried reformatting my SD card and no luck.

is anyone else having this issue? When I fly my spark without the controller or phone (palm launch and gesture mode only) it does not save photos to the SD card. I make the gesture for a photo and the front led’s flash red for 3 seconds before turning solid red. I do the same thing when connected to my phone the gesture mode photos only show up after I press the shutter button on the app. I read this was an issue somewhere else. Has anyone figured out a workaround? I’ve already tried reformatting my SD card and no luck.
There is some sort of issue surrounding this, read below thread:

Gesture Mode Photo Not Saving

All is matter of what the Spark can really see. Can be just shadow on your fingers and the Spark see a mix of lighted and shadowed gesture. Also if the background is too similar to your hand, it will fail.
A good way to improve is to use the RC and Go4 at same time you train for gesture. This way, you can see live what the Spark see and try to guess why it fails.
That was helping me but it remains in general a pain to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme