Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark not used for a while now won’t turn on

Np1

Join
Apr 14, 2021
Hi there. I am a proper drone novice so please bare with me. I bought the spark drone a couple of years ago and had some fun with it then put it in a cupboard and essentially forgot about it. i recently tried to get it started up again but when I tried to turn it on there was nothing happening. I assumed it was a flat battery so charged it and the lights on the battery seemed to show it was charging. However I then went to turn it on a couple hours later and nothing. Not even a single light. Any ideas?

So when on the charger, the battery lights blinked up form nil to full ?

However I then went to turn it on a couple hours later and nothing.

Went to turn what on ?
The battery alone (out of the drone) by double pressing the button on it, or put the battery into the drone and try to start up on that ?

Anything with lights on the battery when you just press it once, as in testing to see what level it's at ?

Batteries might be stuffed, they don't like being left for years and allowed to pretty much run dead flat over time.

Previous dead battery threads have shown taking it out of the hub, and either trying the double press turn on the battery, if that fails put back in the hub onto charge again, remove and check again.

So when on the charger, the battery lights blinked up form nil to full ?

Went to turn what on ?
The battery alone (out of the drone) by double pressing the button on it, or put the battery into the drone and try to start up on that ?

Anything with lights on the battery when you just press it once, as in testing to see what level it's at ?

Batteries might be stuffed, they don't like being left for years and allowed to pretty much run dead flat over time.

Previous dead battery threads have shown taking it out of the hub, and either trying the double press turn on the battery, if that fails put back in the hub onto charge again, remove and check again.

If I try and turn it on when it’s not plugged in, the battery alone or when it’s in the drone I get nothing. I’ve just had it charged for about an hour and when it’s charging it gives me the charging lights. But as soon as I unplug it from charging, nothing. Assume the batteries are busted?

Since you used it only a few times a couple yes ago, you might have forgot that once the battery is installed into the Spark, you have to push the button on the battery and then push and hold it for a second or two... so yes. Push it twice

If I try and turn it on when it’s not plugged in, the battery alone or when it’s in the drone I get nothing. I’ve just had it charged for about an hour and when it’s charging it gives me the charging lights. But as soon as I unplug it from charging, nothing. Assume the batteries are busted?
You should try to fully load the battery (till all leds are off). If this doen't work in about 3-4 hours, the battery is dead.

Hi there. I am a proper drone novice so please bare with me. I bought the spark drone a couple of years ago and had some fun with it then put it in a cupboard and essentially forgot about it. i recently tried to get it started up again but when I tried to turn it on there was nothing happening. I assumed it was a flat battery so charged it and the lights on the battery seemed to show it was charging. However I then went to turn it on a couple hours later and nothing. Not even a single light. Any ideas?
First thing to consider is try another battery

I would just buy one but they don’t seem to be available in the uk anymore?

Gawd you are right @Np1 . . . our official DJI sales store also lists as 'not available in your country / region'.

I am fairly lucky to own 5 batteries, all in great condition, would have bought another 1 or 2, but just checking numerous retailers in a google search, it seems all of them come up out of stock too.
Maybe google it and see if any retailers near you still have some stock.

A real shame, I guess in 5 - 10 years as batteries become 'tired' from age and use, no longer giving decent flight times etc, a lot of really nice Spark drones and kit will become obsolete.

I would just buy one but they don’t seem to be available in the uk anymore?
I think I would still follow SPark_South_Oz advice and list your detailed location - UK is pretty big and vague. You may have a fellow Sparker living right in your neighborhood that would let you try their battery and discover if it is just an improper button press, a bad battery or a defective spark. If the battery is the issue, there are ways of attaching an aftermarket battery to the spark or I am sure you can still find some in the aftermarket.

We have a very similar experience. I'm trying to charge it for more than an hour, I still get nothing. But when I attach it to a charger/hub and press the button, that's the time it only lights up. When I remove it and press it, none. So this means my battery can't be used anymore? What a waste. :(

Positive thing is that there are merchants who sell Spark battery for around Php 4,000 (60.00 GBP) here in where I live. It's just too much expensive for me.

• Sad
Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland afterburner.
That's the bummer thing about storage, you have to check the batteries about once a month to keep them active.

After a long enough period of time, they'll discharge to the point of no return.

The Spark batteries are getting hard to find at a reasonable price nowadays.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex