Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark or Mavic pro 1st drone

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
So I am on the verge to get my 1st drone, here my needs and drone occasions:
- I live in Beirut with heavy wifi interference and random tv cables, so I have to go out of the city in weekend.
- I will use the drone mainly at mountains while hiking and skiing. Some occasional shots outdoor walking with my girlfriend...
- 4k is a plus and I have a 4k tv but upload is too slow to throw a 4k video to youtube (150-250kbs)
-Photography is a plus, not only for social medias but if I can sell a couple of shots in shutterstock it will be great
- Using the drone at home, for practice and some family fun photos
- As I won't use it often given I live in a city my budget is limited to 600$ max

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Very nice. Let's hope the OP has a cousin too (and he doesn't need to buy any accessories).

I agree with msinger. If you only have a $600 budget, the Spark it is. If you got the MP refurb, it would only have one battery. Get the Spark Flymore combo and you'll have 2 batteries, charging hub, prop guards, remote extra propellers and a carrying case.

Reactions: Kevin Kirby
I agree amazon prime day has some good deals coming on Monday deals on the Mavic pro as well as the spark but only in US and Canada from my understanding. The Mavic pro deals seem to be a better overall deal what you get for what you pay from original prices. With budget of only $600 spark would do just fine, I use mine almost daily and pic and photo quality for most reactional use is fine media post etc. you just don't get 4K. Also if you are going to try and sell pics etc. then that's an entire new ball of wax (not going to beat this horse) but it would require FAA part 107 certification to sell video and pics legally. Not going down that path.

Agree, your budget is pretty tight. I spent a small fortune on spark accessories considering it was supposed to be my cheap drone. Besides editing in 4k sucks unless you have the hardware to do it.

$600 USD? If so, the Spark is really the only DJI drone that's going to fit that budget.
Lol, me and you are in the same ship lol. I am on a budget so I got a spark because I couldn't afford s bigger drone. I couldntc even afford the fly more combo or the inssuinsu thing. But I'm glad I got my spark because I love it beyond words and flying it is the best part of my day as I only have one battery lol.

Get a spark and accessories and throw in a tello for fun :) (and to learn - just had my first crash, no worries drone ok and very glad it wasn't the spark!)

A bit off topic but can I use my smartphone with a tpu cover with the spark's RC? I dont want to scratch my htc u11+ :)

I bought a new Dji Spark last year, which I was very pleased with in all respects.
A couple of months ago, I had to buy a Mavic Pro, but I was quite disappointed by how difficult it was to set it for good video / picture. I spent a whole week with different settings I could find on You tube, but how I did, I was not as happy as when I had my Spark. Spark works very well right out of the box with nice color reproduction, which does not Mavic do.
I sold Mavic and now I have a new Spark Combo that I am very pleased with.:)

Reactions: thewhatever
you can use it with the cover it might even improve the grip. Dont forget yhat MP needs you to focus the shot, while spark is always in focus.

Reactions: thewhatever

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme