Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Remote Controller DOES Fit iPad Mini 4

Great, that’s the set up I’ll have once m spark arrives. My only question is there a wire that connects the iPad mini 4 to the controller, or does that need to be purchased separately?

If you are planning to connect as DJI intended then no, you link via wifi, so no cable.

Some are reporting a better quality connection if you use the OTG route, but this is not an 'official' connection method.

My mini was pretty tight also. When I watched the vid where the fellow compared the Mavic controller to the spark it made it pretty obvious that even slight variances in production runs could easily make some tighter than others. After the video I grabbed my olfa knife and within 2 minutes had the offending corners trimmed and the mini is much easier to get in. can't really even tell I fixed it.....looks better actually. Shaved off thin layers until it was good for me. First Post....thought I'd share.

If you are planning to connect as DJI intended then no, you link via wifi, so no cable.

Some are reporting a better quality connection if you use the OTG route, but this is not an 'official' connection method.
After constantly hearing that it gave better video quality, I got an OTG cable for my Android phone, and it's true. Vid quality is MUCH better (although it was "acceptable" without). Too soon to tell, but I think it also took away the video lag I was getting sometimes when doing 2 joystick maneuvers at the same time.

(I think) the OP was asking about iOS, but for Android users the only catch is that you need to plug in the OTG cable AFTER the RC and Aircraft have connected (green RC light) before Go 4 recognizes it to let you "Go Fly".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme