Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Remote Controller DOES Fit iPad Mini 4

This is a GREAT thread for me...I too am in the "ipad mini wont fit" group. And it's not that I don't know how to do it, I've got a Mavic which fits the controller just fine.

The arms on my Spark remote just WILL NOT open as wide.
It WILL fit

So how is it that I can figure out how to make it fit my mavic controller, but not the Spark one?
Its much tighter than the Mavic clamps. You need to put 1 corner of the iPad completely into the notched part of the clamp, then push the other side in

Well, that is where I was yesterday. Convinced it woudn't fit. Then I placed it above the iPad with touch sensor to my left, and slowly pushed it down with some force and it fit. I had loosened it up as much as possible by pushing on the arms to get them spread as far as possible. It can be done. Seems to get easier each time, but still a tight fit.

Well, that is where I was yesterday. Convinced it woudn't fit. Then I placed it above the iPad with touch sensor to my left, and slowly pushed it down with some force and it fit. I had loosened it up as much as possible by pushing on the arms to get them spread as far as possible. It can be done. Seems to get easier each time, but still a tight fit.
Yes it does seem to loose up each time.

I saw the video someone posted in the DJI thread. I will try his method later and see if I was just too nervous to force it in.

Hopefully I was too nervous and it does fit.

Reactions: continuecrushing
C3E1CABD-A5A1-4C7B-8A2D-955F3BEFDD37_zpslkeo7eyf.jpg

Was finally able to get it in there!

Thanks to everyone who did it and inspired me!

Reactions: jimbug
Thanks...FYI my RC looks exactly the same as yours. WIll post quickie video shortly
Here's a brief crappy video of the Spark RC & iPad Mini:

Last edited:
I just posted this on the DJI forum, but did those of you that got the Mini to fit get creaks and pops out of your controller the first time? I'm trying to decide whether to push pass the creaks or if my controller is tighter.

I don't remember noises, but it's possible the rubber squeaks against the glass. The first time is the toughest. I was convinced it wouldn't fit, but gave it a good push and it went on. I recommend having iPad against something so it can't move, and get it started and apply steady strong pressure and it slides on. Then each time it's easier as the rubber loosens up or gets compressed.

Reactions: James Lucas
I just posted this on the DJI forum, but did those of you that got the Mini to fit get creaks and pops out of your controller the first time? I'm trying to decide whether to push pass the creaks or if my controller is tighter.
As @jimbug said, the squeaks/creaks is the rubber giving way. Now if you hear a crack, like plastic then I would not force it. As you can see in my video, once you insert it a few times it loosens up dramatically.

I ended up "stretching" it before I put the iPad in. I think one of you recommended that earlier. It went in this time.

I ended up "stretching" it before I put the iPad in. I think one of you recommended that earlier. It went in this time.
Bit of spit...

Reactions: James Lucas
My iPad Mini 4 DOES fit in the Spark RC:
Great, that’s the set up I’ll have once m spark arrives. My only question is there a wire that connects the iPad mini 4 to the controller, or does that need to be purchased separately?

Great, that’s the set up I’ll have once m spark arrives. My only question is there a wire that connects the iPad mini 4 to the controller, or does that need to be purchased separately?
You'll need 1 of these, though you might have one laying around from other DJI products

Amazon.com: UGREEN Micro USB to USB, Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable 2 Pack On The Go Adapter Micro USB Male to USB Female for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android etc 6 Inch Black: Computers & Accessories

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521