Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sphere (Panoramic)???

SparkinItUp

Join
Sep 15, 2019
I tested this feature out this morning, did the stitching on the Go4 app (the sphere looks awesome), exported to my iPad Pro, but when I go to view it on my phone I only see the pic, I don’t see the sphere. I also don’t see all the pics it stitched together (not sure if I’m suppose to see those). I just want to get that sphere that I’ve seen when connected to the spark moved over to my ipad. I’ve watched a YouTube vid where the guy moved the sphere over to an app and it looked like the sphere and not like a pic...any help would be appreciated!
Well I think I answered my own question after finding the right YouTube vid....I’m going to download a program to finish my sphere...can anyone suggest some good programs for this. I’m NOT versed in photo editing btw, I just need something simple. I’m going to start off with Tiny Planet for starters.

ps: I tried to look into deleting the post, but could find out how to do that.

Last edited:
I’m going to download a program to finish my sphere...can anyone suggest some good programs for this. I’m NOT versed in photo editing btw, I just need something simple. I’m going to start off with Tiny Planet for starters.

Check this thread.

Reactions: SparkinItUp
I tested this feature out this morning, did the stitching on the Go4 app (the sphere looks awesome), exported to my iPad Pro, but when I go to view it on my phone I only see the pic, I don’t see the sphere. I also don’t see all the pics it stitched together (not sure if I’m suppose to see those). I just want to get that sphere that I’ve seen when connected to the spark moved over to my ipad. I’ve watched a YouTube vid where the guy moved the sphere over to an app and it looked like the sphere and not like a pic...any help would be appreciated!
Well I think I answered my own question after finding the right YouTube vid....I’m going to download a program to finish my sphere...can anyone suggest some good programs for this. I’m NOT versed in photo editing btw, I just need something simple. I’m going to start off with Tiny Planet for starters.

ps: I tried to look into deleting the post, but could find out how to do that.
Hu there a really good program is Image Composite Editor it's really great download the pano picture to the programme it does the rest. Check it out on you tube.

I've done a normal panoramic not a sphere but this programme does it all. I've taken a screen shot to show you what it looks like. Good luck Irvine

Attachments

• 1569854614075-238659335.jpg
    1569854614075-238659335.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
I use microsoft ICE or Image Composite Editor to make 360° panos. Post many of them in Google Maps. Here is an example.
G Maps 360
Also have a YT video on how to use ICE
How to use ICE

I don't think the output image from ICE would give you such an interactive 360° image.
Which program/app did you use after combining the images in ICE?

Very Cool and Great Work! Would you happen to know of a program that would do the same on an ipad pro? If not, it may be time to replace my HD on my Windows box.

You can try an app called Theta+. Just open the stitched panorama from the Go4 app with that app.

Very Cool and Great Work! Would you happen to know of a program that would do the same on an ipad pro? If not, it may be time to replace my HD on my Windows box.

Or alternately, you can use an online exif editor to edit the exif data of the stitched image so that when you upload it in Facebook or Google photos/maps, you get the interactive 360° experience.

You can try

After opening the image in xifer,
go to tab "XMP GPano Tags" -->
ProjectionType: "equirectangular"
UsePanoramaViewer: "true"

I’m yet to try but I understand that the panoramic images are also stored individually in a sub folder in the SD card so you can stitch from scratch to get a much higher resolution pano / planet. Hope this isn’t bad info as I’ve not tried yet but interesting if it is right.

I’m yet to try but I understand that the panoramic images are also stored individually in a sub folder in the SD card so you can stitch from scratch to get a much higher resolution pano / planet. Hope this isn’t bad info as I’ve not tried yet but interesting if it is right.
That is what I do but you have to add to the top of the composited image in photoshop because the output does not have a 2:1 side to height ratio.

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast