Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tablet Type - Opinion and what do you use?

Apple products work the best for DJI drones compared to andriod options. Any of the latest iPhones or iPads will work. The size of the display is typically personal preference.
For a lot of our clients we recommend the iPad Mini 4. Size wise its not too big and not too small, and being an Apple product it will work optimally with your Spark.

Apple products work the best for DJI drones compared to andriod options. Any of the latest iPhones or iPads will work. The size of the display is typically personal preference.
For a lot of our clients we recommend the iPad Mini 4. Size wise its not too big and not too small, and being an Apple product it will work optimally with your Spark.
Now, a year ago I agree. But now the Android App is really near the iPhone state. I use the Android App on a Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Tab A (2016) and on a Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4". No issuers, no crashes and I can use a lot more 3Party Apps and MOD Versions. For me there is no reason to say iPhone/iPad works better. :cool:

Now, a year ago I agree. But now the Android App is really near the iPhone state. I use the Android App on a Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Tab A (2016) and on a Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4". No issuers, no crashes and I can use a lot more 3Party Apps and MOD Versions. For me there is no reason to say iPhone/iPad works better. :cool:
I use iOS and Android devices with my drones.

My android devices are draining my controllers batteries, because they are charging during flight.
This is limiting my flying time.

I use iOS and Android devices with my drones.

My android devices are draining my controllers batteries, because they are charging during flight.
This is limiting my flying time.
There are serval Apps to disable charging the Phone/Tablet while there are connected to the controller so no problem for me.

I use an ipad mini 2 works great. Regards Irvine
I'm seeking your opinion on what type of tablet to get to use with my Spark Controller. I have an Apple iPhone SE which is their smallest screen. (This is what I like because I actually make phone calls with it. lol) However, it's not the greatest to use with my Spark Controller. I'm looking for something with a larger screen. Do I go with the iPad Mini? A Samsung Galaxy Tab4? Something else? Your thoughts are appreciated.

There are serval Apps to disable charging the Phone/Tablet while there are connected to the controller so no problem for me.
I know, but to use those apps, Android device must be rooted.

This is something that the average user has to be aware of.

I know, but to use those apps, Android device must be rooted.

This is something that the average user has to be aware of.
Maybe the root is a problem for some people. But come on, even without the charging point you have more then 3 hours recording time with full brighness on every today Android phone and this should really be enough for most users. Also i.e. the Samsung Galaxy S8 is twice time brighter as most iPhone/iPad and the batterie time is more then enough too. No sir, for me there is absolutely no reasons to not use a Android device. If you prefer iOS over Android this are OK, but saying for DJI drone purpose the iOS Phones are better then Android is outdated in my opinion.

Maybe the root is a problem for some people. But come on, even without the charging point you have more then 3 hours recording time with full brighness on every today Android phone and this should really be enough for most users. Also i.e. the Samsung Galaxy S8 is twice time brighter as most iPhone/iPad and the batterie time is more then enough too. No sir, for me there is absolutely no reasons to not use a Android device. If you prefer iOS over Android this are OK, but saying for DJI drone purpose the iOS Phones are better then Android is outdated in my opinion.

Using an Android tablet with my MP or M2Z, sometimes I have less than an hour flying time (less than 3 batteries).

There are small things and issues with my androids, that make my iOS devices better for flying DJI drones.
I fly with any (charged) device is near me every time, and I can see the difference.

But this is just me, someone else may have a different experience.
And never said "don't use android devices" (I use them anyway).

The reason I use my iPad mini 2 us the screen size I feel android and ios phones are a bit small but that's my views
Using an Android tablet with my MP or M2Z, sometimes I have less than an hour flying time (less than 3 batteries).

There are small things and issues with my androids, that make my iOS devices better for flying DJI drones.
I fly with any (charged) device is near me every time, and I can see the difference.

But this is just me, someone else may have a different experience.
And never said "don't use android devices" (I use them anyway).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast