Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The pause button is your friend!

Hddeuce03

Join
Feb 22, 2018
Loc
Annapolis, MD
I just want to remind everyone in case you forgot or didn't know, the pause button on the controller can save your Spark! I read all to often of crashes, flyways, etc. where people panic and spend unnecessary time trying to figure out how to cancel RTH, intelligent flight mode shots, etc. The biggest thing is to never panic and hitting the pause button on the remote can often save your Spark giving you time to "regroup" and get control again. The pause button literally does just that...if in the middle of RTH, or active track, or helix, etc. when you press the pause button, it will stop in place and hover. I know it won't save it every time, but it's good to have ready at all times.

I just want to remind everyone in case you forgot or didn't know, the pause button on the controller can save your Spark! I read all to often of crashes, flyways, etc. where people panic and spend unnecessary time trying to figure out how to cancel RTH, intelligent flight mode shots, etc. The biggest thing is to never panic and hitting the pause button on the remote can often save your Spark giving you time to "regroup" and get control again. The pause button literally does just that...if in the middle of RTH, or active track, or helix, etc. when you press the pause button, it will stop in place and hover. I know it won't save it every time, but it's good to have ready at all times.

Excellent advice...

Reactions: Andy-Spark
Very true and fortunately I remembered it was there a couple of weeks ago when my Android's battery died suddenly because of the cold when the Spark was around 300 meters away...I had to hit RTH to get it back and as soon as I could see it perfectly I hit pause and brought it down manually.

Reactions: Andy-Spark
Thanks for the reminder to everybody.

I had mine marked a while back since it seemed important for future use in a situation.

20180316_185134.jpg

Good reminder, thanks!
I haven't use it yet but is not because of lack of necessity but because I never remember is there the moment I need it. In my case for sure a yellow marking like Spark 317 is needed to remind me is there during those moments I need it. LOL

This is why I enjoy this forum ..great advice and tips ..thank you all

I like the yellow marking around it, is that just yellow tape?

It is highly reflective safety tape that our snowmobile club used on the Carsonites when marking a trail before opening up for the winter season.

The yellow really pops when the light hits it.

Reactions: Hddeuce03 and Rafa7
Great advice. I had a situation that would have helped if I had hit the pause button, but didn't. The Spark was undamaged as it was, but sure scared me when that happened

Great call-out! Panic has cost me a few home-built drones.

I crashed my drone yesterday because i panic-ed by losing control of the spark (in ATTI mode), the pause button could have saved me from replacing the motor. I suggest while in ATTI mode either look at your drone to fly or look at your phone to fly it but NEVER both so you don't risk losing your sense of orientation.

how does this work with atti mode? from my understanding the drone is very susceptible to wind while in atti mode in the sense that will drift heavily?

Great advice!
Even if you read the manual you dont realize how important is this button. You first think that with the go4 app you can do everything.
But, with more experience, you realise that you have to look at your screen to use go4app, and sometimes you dont have enough time when its URGENT. So this button could have saved a couple of props on my Spark...

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Great advice!
Even if you read the manual you dont realize how important is this button. You first think that with the go4 app you can do everything.
But, with more experience, you realise that you have to look at your screen to use go4app, and sometimes you dont have enough time when its URGENT. So this button could have saved a couple of props on my Spark...
Sorry to come back on this. This button works with almost all automatic/intelligent functions EXCEPT the critically low power auto-landing. In this case, you have to hover MANUALY and chose your very final landing spot.

Sorry to come back on this. This button works with almost all automatic/intelligent functions EXCEPT the critically low power auto-landing. In this case, you have to hover MANUALY and chose your very final landing spot.
The pause button is great and something in the four times I crashed my Spark that I panicked and forgot. The only thing that saved my Spark in all these incidents was prop guards. Anyone other than experts who fly with out prop guards has a fool for a pilot! On one occasion my spark hit a tree on RTH and crashed thirty feet down on a concrete driveway, it bent the prop guard but everything else was fine. It does much more than just saving props

.if in the middle of RTH, or active track, or helix, etc. when you press the pause button, it will stop in place and hover. I know it won't save it every time, but it's good to have ready at all times.

Is that true? will pause stop a drone going to RTH in 10 secs? Just destroyed my spark when it RTH'd 20 feet from me into high canopy trees.

Reactions: Hddeuce03

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme