Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Palderic

Join
Aug 31, 2017
Hello!

I've experimented few things with my Spark recently that I would like to share with you. It might be a bit dumb for many of you but I didn't think about that before and I've been surprised (hopefully each time I had a solution (chance) to escape):

- When you are on a boat (and then sailing): change the RTH location to the RC/phone controller otherwise if you have troubles your drone will fly away to where it took off, so in water (bye-bye drone).

- If you see seagulls flying in circle around your drone few times, activate the sport mode and fly away (back home) as soon as possible otherwise gulls will attack your drone and it has no chance to survive.

- Wasp can be also very agressive. When you stop in a small beach you might encounter wasp nests and they will see your drone as a threat. Nothing wrong will happen to your spark. However, wasps will follow it and their crowd will rise, then watch out when you bring it back to your boat...

Hope it helps some of you!
Have a great day.

When you are on a boat (and then sailing): change the RTH location to the RC/phone controller otherwise if you have troubles your drone will fly away to where it took off, so in water (bye-bye drone).
Just to add to this point -- the home point needs to be manually updated each time the boat is moved. Otherwise, the Spark will RTH back to the last home point that was manually set (since it does not update automatically).

To add another tip. If you’re taking off from a boat, launch in sport mode to disable the proximity sensors otherwise the Spark may go crazy since it’ll have a lot of objects around it.

Reactions: brasda91
I wonder how the dynamic home point update on 4.1.10 will affect the RTH function. When I launch from my sail boat I usually pilot it in. it takes practice on a sail boat as it's constantly moving, so having a second person to "Catch" the drone is very helpful. Also it may take an attempt or two to land the drone so be sure to leave your self extra battery just incase.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe