Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Trust this device

blackomega

Join
Jan 29, 2019
I’m noticing when I plug my iPhone 7 OTG Into my spark RC my phone asks me if I trust this device and I have to input my password. This happens every time. Of course I also get the “ this device might not be supported “ warning as well.

Any thoughts?

I’m noticing when I plug my iPhone 7 OTG Into my spark RC my phone asks me if I trust this device and I have to input my password. This happens every time. Of course I also get the “ this device might not be supported “ warning as well.

Any thoughts?
It is most likely your cable that is not supported. It may still work though.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I think it is a built in security feauture of IOS so it is harder to break in to your device using the USB. Newer IOS devices use finger print and face recognition for ID verification so some of us are not even aware of password authentication. I do get notification window that I am connecting a device and respond to remove notification window. I use iPad 10.5 ios 12.1.4.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I think it is a built in security feauture of IOS so it is harder to break in to your device using the USB. Newer IOS devices use finger print and face recognition for ID verification so some of us are not even aware of password authentication. I do get notification window that I am connecting a device and respond to remove notification window. I use iPad 10.5 ios 12.1.4.

Yes. I think his error message may be a holdover from earlier version of iOS. With version 12 Apple made it harder to break into locked iPhone using lightning cable port.

He should update to latest software. And then don't insert cable until phone already unlocked. The message isn't harmful -- it just requires the extra step of entering passcode. If problem persists after that I'd try a different cable.

Im running the latest version of IOS im using an MFI certified usb to lightning and an OTG adapter from DJI. Also i dont have this problem using my Ipad

Im running the latest version of IOS im using an MFI certified usb to lightning and an OTG adapter from DJI. Also i dont have this problem using my Ipad

I agree that a MFi lightning cable and a DJI should be a reliable combo but since it's not... for $8 on Amazon you can get a single OTG cable (micro USB to lightning) sold by RCgeeks. I use that cable with Spark and iPhone X without problem.

Some folks have eliminated that error message by making sure iPhone is unlocked before any cable is plugged in.

Is it just the annoyance of having to enter your passcode or is there actually some loss of functionality?

I agree that a MFi lightning cable and a DJI should be a reliable combo but since it's not... for $8 on Amazon you can get a single OTG cable (micro USB to lightning) sold by RCgeeks. I use that cable with Spark and iPhone X without problem.

Some folks have eliminated that error message by making sure iPhone is unlocked before any cable is plugged in.

Is it just the annoyance of having to enter your passcode or is there actually some loss of functionality?

I actually had one of those cheap micro USB to lightning but it had a pinched wire and I kept loosing connection. So I had to go with the other combo. Also this just happened after the latest iOS firmware update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502