Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

update ios or not

spark29

Join
Apr 29, 2018
Hi. My new Spark connects fine with my Iphone and remote. I haven't activated it yet because i will take advantage of the dji refresh care from the 1 of september to have almost a full season next year:)
My issue is that my remote is still on fcc from my last Spark and i want to keep it like this.But the new dji go 4 app doesn't have the cancel option under wifi change settings when it prompt? So i can't cancel
the d... thing? Is it because i'm on older ios 11.1.2 on my Iphone? Would an update to latest ios solve the wifi cancel option on my phone? The rollback app funktion is pretty difficult to manage:)

Reactions: Sky rider
Hi. My new Spark connects fine with my Iphone and remote. I haven't activated it yet because i will take advantage of the dji refresh care from the 1 of september to have almost a full season next year:)
My issue is that my remote is still on fcc from my last Spark and i want to keep it like this.But the new dji go 4 app doesn't have the cancel option under wifi change settings when it prompt? So i can't cancel
the d... thing? Is it because i'm on older ios 11.1.2 on my Iphone? Would an update to latest ios solve the wifi cancel option on my phone? The rollback app funktion is pretty difficult to manage:)
if it ain't broke don't fix it is my moto

excatly, didn't do the update and still on stock firmware:)
never did an update on my p3pro or my spark, both work perfectly; I keep getting a notice to up date; I just delete it. and I use litchi on both of them, never had a problem, if installed correctly it's much better than the other, you know what; I use apple air 1 i pad no dropouts

Last edited:
Nice to hear i’m not alone on this. I will consider installing Litchi with my Spark

Nice to hear i’m not alone on this. I will consider installing Litchi with my Spark
It cost me $22.00; don't know if you can get it free-----if you have a new spark and its still under warranty DJI will not honor warranty if you use litchi. and keep an eye out if the drone tells you to calibrate campus. I ONLY CALIBRATE MINE IF THE WARNING POPS UP

I’ve heard otherwise that some got Spark replacement under refresh care even if they had Litchy installed

I'm told when flying using any 3rd party app will void your warranty under DJI - they won't review flight logs to see if issue with drone or app - they just default to verbiage in the warranty stating the warranty is voided when using 3rd party app.

Hi. Sorry for the late response but think i’ll stick with Dji go 4 while i’m under Care Refresh. Thank’s to all of you and have a nice 2019:)

excatly, didn't do the update and still on stock firmware:)
Sorry for the long wait for reply; been out of town, just got back, as to my not up dating my drone
#1 many people having problems after up date.
#2 Why fix something that's not broken, I bought it before all these restrictions, I live aprox 5 miles from an airport, if I up dated, I couldn't even fly in my own yard, I calculate i have over two hundred no problem flights, carried this drone all over the US and used it. no problems, anyone want or feel the need to update, go ahead ,If your drone is flying fine; my advice, if it isn't broke and is flying fine, leave it alone.
Just my views
have a nice day

Howdy. Best response yet my friend:) Won’ t update nore the batteries, remote, or bird unless something goes very wrong. Had my first Spark flying in 2018 most of the summer on stock fw and with fcc, no problems at all:)

Howdy. Best response yet my friend:) Won’ t update nore the batteries, remote, or bird unless something goes very wrong. Had my first Spark flying in 2018 most of the summer on stock fw and with fcc, no problems at all:)

And yes I am 86, been flying RC since I was10, built my own radios. worked most of my life on the space programs.
Think young and you will always be young.

Hi. Sounds like you know a lot about elektronics/aviation. NASA? Great to hear
age isn’t a barrier. I’m “only” 53 and always
been fasinated with planes and model rc. Like your quote: “Think young and you will always stay young” Have a nice 2019

Enjoy life; you only get one shot, when I get up in the morning I tell myself I made it through another night.
I worked for Honeywell 28 years; had a nervous break down; only 52 when they put me out to pasture; worked on highly classified programs; your to young to remember the spud neck satellite; when that happened this country went nuts and just through money at every wild idea that came along. remember the star war program? the stuff I worked on would blow your mind.
So sorry about rambling on, even my wife had no idea what I was working on.
these people get up set about stop light cameras LOL it's a joke, there is sati lights that have cameras that can tell if a dime that's on the street,is heads or tails .. look up, there's Camerer's on ever pole. every store has cameras.
I loved my job; money was no object to Honeywell; I worked on every wild idea that came along.
pressure to get things working is what got me.
I designed a man caring autogiro; taught myself to fly it; sold it before I killed myself.
Live long and happy life is short and you only get one shot.
really sorry for the long post.
have a great day

Reactions: Spark 317
Wow! Sounds like you really had a interesting job. Sorry to hear that you had to stop working in such a “young” age. Really wish you were my neighbour with all your knowledge and technical skills. We could have a blast:)
Cheers from Denmark.

Internet is great especially in the cities not so much out in a few regions. Internet is now in nine out of ten families her in Denmark.
100 mb is soon to be in the low scale with most users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme