Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using DJI Assistant 2 To Update Firmware

Roy Adams

Join
Jul 30, 2017
I just used the DJI Assistant 2 software to update the firmware on the Spark airframe and all three of my batteries after today's firmware release. After doing so, I connected the RC controller to the computer using usb cable, expecting it to show up on the Assistant software.

It never showed up, so I'm guessing the controller can only be updated using the DJI Go 4 app. After connecting the controller to the iPhone with an OTG to Lighting cable, it still would not update, showing "update failed".

Finally succeeded in updating the controller by connecting via WiFi connection to iPhone.

Is my understanding correct in surmising that the RC controller can only be updated with the DJI Go 4 app, and only by using WiFi connection?

Sure would be easier if all components could be updated with DJI Assistant 2 software.

Roy

Is my understanding correct in surmising that the RC controller can only be updated with the DJI Go 4 app, and only by using WiFi connection?
That's correct.

DJI don't officially support Spark OTG at the moment, so wi-fi is the official way to update the RC for the meantime

Thanks for this thread but that's just odd it wouldn't be supported by the Assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh