Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using offline maps with Mod 2 & Mod Lite Apps

DameEdnaBrown

Join
Oct 22, 2017
Hi all, I'm considering trying one of the Mod 2 apps, either Mod 2 or Mod Lite. My question involves using offline maps with these apps. With the Official DJI GO 4 app you download maps from inside the app itself. From what I've read, in the Mod 2 app you download offline maps from google maps & not inside the app itself. Now with the Mod Lite app you download offline maps from inside the app just like the official DJI GO 4 app. Could someone please confirm the above for me and also which method should I choose. Looking forward to getting some feedback.

Hi all, I'm considering trying one of the Mod 2 apps, either Mod 2 or Mod Lite. My question involves using offline maps with these apps. With the Official DJI GO 4 app you download maps from inside the app itself. From what I've read, in the Mod 2 app you download offline maps from google maps & not inside the app itself. Now with the Mod Lite app you download offline maps from inside the app just like the official DJI GO 4 app. Could someone please confirm the above for me and also which method should I choose. Looking forward to getting some feedback.

I have tried both versions of the modded app. The "Mod lite" uses the maps just like the DJI app. I prefer the offline map downloading characteristics of the "lite" app and its base app (#4.1.15). Because it allows you to download a particular state OR an entire region.
It does not use google maps ( which I did not get working using the mod 2 version)
The "lite" version has to be installed by itself and ALL data and folders from other drone apps installed (DJI or any previously installed modded) should be removed before installing the "lite" app

I have tried both versions of the modded app. The "Mod lite" uses the maps just like the DJI app. I prefer the offline map downloading characteristics of the "lite" app and its base app (#4.1.15). Because it allows you to download a particular state OR an entire region.
It does not use google maps ( which I did not get working using the mod 2 version)
The "lite" version has to be installed by itself and ALL data and folders from other drone apps installed (DJI or any previously installed modded) should be removed before installing the "lite" app
Thanks for the informative answer, I'll give Mod Lite a go

Reactions: Haggi and jmbsmt63
Installed Mod 2 Lite today and all seemed OK until the app crashed while spark was up. Restarted app and continued on. I'll give it a workout over the next week and report back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502