Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Cache

Walter Hall

Join
Mar 22, 2018
Hello:

My cache is set at 2mb, is this normal? What should I set this to and what happens if I set it wrong? If it's on 2mb and I have a 16mb card will it only record 2mb onto my 16mb card?

Regards,

Walt

Last edited:
All videos and photos will be saved on the SD card in full quality.

The cache is poor quality footage and should only be used as a reference to that flight.
The quality is not worth sharing.

The cache refers to the video footage that is stored on your PHONE. The cache is therefore completely separate from what's on the micro SD card.

Cache is only 720. Often noise and artifact because it's transmitted over wifi from the Spark. 2 GB is fine. You can set it to automatically record over older footage so it's always most recent.

The cache is useful to confirm you got the exposure and composition right while still out on the field. But when it's time to edit you want to use the 1080 footage from the SD card.

Bij deze heb ik ook een vraagje. Kan men filmen of foto's nemen, enkel op de SD kaart, of beginnen met de inwendige schijf (8 giga) bij de Mavic Air te vullen? Zoniet waar kan men precies instellen, in de DJI Go 4-app? Nu vraagt de air of als inwendig geheugen vol, of hij mag daarop SD-kaart. Dat dient te worden.
Mvg,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar