Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video hanging in flight, Spark, Controller w/iPhone 6, DJI GO 4 ver: 4.2.6

KevinRussell

Join
Feb 18, 2018
Video hanging in flight, Spark, DJI GO 4 ver: 4.2.6.
I see others reporting their DJI GO 4 apps have freezing video until they restart their Spark.
I noticed this on my last couple days of flying. The GPS map allows me to fly the Spark back.
  • iPhone 6 app, DJI GO 4 ver 4.2.6
  • Spark: 01.00.0900
  • Controller: 01.00.0400
I found instructions on how to rollback DJI App versions and may consider doing so if anyone recommends a particular version Going back to earlier versions of DJI Go

Kevin

I have a similar setup, except for Iphone 6s. I have no video issues, until at a distance of about 1600 ft. Then it looses signal and the Spark does an RTH. I'm flying in an urban environment, where everyone has a wifi router with extenders.

Within 1600 ft, no issues at all. The video is consistant, with no glitches or hanging.

Sid

To follow up on my initial post, I had more video hang issues until I tried connecting my iPhone6 to the controller with the usb cable. Had two test flights with it today, no video hanging issues, no problems. Flew max distance of 1,800 ft.

I'm wondering if loosing video was due to my iPhone. Apple iPhones were in the news recently: "...Apple quietly released an update that slows down the phone when it is putting too much demand on the battery..." What to do if you think Apple's slowing down your phone

At any rate, I didn't have video issues using the usb cable, I'm gaining confidence flying the Spark again.
Recorded flight video giving it a try:

One other item that I've noticed since posting a couple of days ago....

If Bluetooth is enabled on my phone, I get lots of "interference" issues, and the video seems glitchy.

Sid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers