Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video of me trying to save a red tail hawk with spark

Any update on the poor thing? good effort sir, bravo

Unfortunately, I do not have any updates.

I keep wondering about that myself really. . .

but I don't know who exactly came out to get the bird, much less where they took it.

Good job, glad there was a Warden to come and collect the bird. How did the Fishing line get up in the tree to begin with? Poor Bird!!!

Yes. I am in the US. Tennessee to be exact.

Thank you guys for the compliments.

I am just glad I found somewhere to share the video where it would be appreciated.
What part of TN? I'm in Hendersonville myself and am new to the Spark community. I just bought one last week on eBay for a really good price, the Fly More Combo with a set of lens filters, and will probably get a couple of more batteries.

What part of TN? I'm in Hendersonville myself and am new to the Spark community. I just bought one last week on eBay for a really good price, the Fly More Combo with a set of lens filters, and will probably get a couple of more batteries.
Greeneville TN here. . .
And ya, you can't ever have too many batteries! lol

Great story ! Thanks for sharing. I live in Colorado and we have lots of redtails. Beautiful birds. Cool video. Interesting to see your attempts to cut the line. How did the spark fare after the crash ?

Great story ! Thanks for sharing. I live in Colorado and we have lots of redtails. Beautiful birds. Cool video. Interesting to see your attempts to cut the line. How did the spark fare after the crash ?

I put on a new set of propellers, recalibrated everything, and it was back to being perfect!
You can't tell at all that it went through so much excitement.

I was very lucky!

I put on a new set of propellers, recalibrated everything, and it was back to being perfect!
You can't tell at all that it went through so much excitement.

I was very lucky!
Glad to hear your bird came out of it ok buddy !

I just happened to catch a glimpse of this big, beautiful red tail hawk, caught up in a tree, tangled up in some fishing line.

I also just happened to have my spark in the vehicle.

I knew it was a long shot, but I was hoping I could maybe use the props to cut the line, and free the bird. (Those props sure did a swell job of slicing open my thumb one time, so I think it was possible!)

I got a couple of good hits at the line, but the last hit completely broke off one of my props, so then there was nothing besides the crash. At least I didn't end up in the creek!

It is still a pretty good video, of a very unusual situation, so I thought I would share.

PS: I did eventually get the bird cut down, but it sure took a lot more time, and a crazy amount of effort. . .

and then, the bird had to take a ride with a game warden. I just hope its ok.

It was a wonderful attempt at cutting the line with the blades. It would have been quite the video indeed. Any well, thankyou for trying, and sharing the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex