Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why isn't my Spark's wifi showing up on my iPhone?

Londroner

Join
Sep 29, 2017
Loc
Surrey, UK
I've just activated my new Spark but am a bit confused as to why its wifi isn't showing up on my iPhone. I turn on the drone and then go to my phone's wifi settings but can't see it listed. However, when I use my iPhone with the Remote Controller (I bought the Fly More Combo) the controller's wifi shows up straight away, I can connect my phone and everything works fine.

I thought it was possible to control the Spark with just your mobile phone as the only controller. Am I wrong? Can anyone shed some light on this confusing situation?

There is a section in the Spark manual that will answer your question.

I've just activated my new Spark but am a bit confused as to why its wifi isn't showing up on my iPhone. I turn on the drone and then go to my phone's wifi settings but can't see it listed. However, when I use my iPhone with the Remote Controller (I bought the Fly More Combo) the controller's wifi shows up straight away, I can connect my phone and everything works fine.

I thought it was possible to control the Spark with just your mobile phone as the only controller. Am I wrong? Can anyone shed some light on this confusing situation?
You cannot switch from RC to phone connection without relinking your device to the Spark or the RC. Search for linking in the manual.

Gah. This forum and iPads don’t get on...

The rest of my reply...

You can disconnect the controller and just use your phone. You just need to un link it. After powering up hold the power button until you get three beeps.

But, you’ll need to relink he rc every time you do this and want to switch back.

Reactions: Londroner
You can disconnect the controller and just use your phone. You just need to un link it. After powering up hold the power button until you get three beeps.
But, you’ll need to relink he rc every time you do this and want to switch back.
Cheers, mate. I may just keep it on RC. I tried using my iPhone as a controller for an earlier drone and the experience wasn't pleasant. Physical joysticks vs. sliding fingers around on a sheet or glass win every time.

Cheers, mate. I may just keep it on RC. I tried using my iPhone as a controller for an earlier drone and the experience wasn't pleasant. Physical joysticks vs. sliding fingers around on a sheet or glass win every time.
Yeah - I had a Yuneeq Breeze, and that was phone controlled. Wasn't very precise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melba Walsh