Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi 5.8G no good

tomchipps

Join
Mar 1, 2018
Lately when going to fly my DJI GO 4 WIFI is set to 5.8G, my phone is a Galaxy S9. I have never had a problem on the 2.4G band but for some reason I no longer have a choice. When I go to the WIFI settings in DJI GO 4 only 5.8G is shown available, selection on auto or Custom. With the 5.8G setting I constantly loose communication. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Flown for many months with 2.4G and worked great (don't want OTG). MY Samsung S9 doesn't seem to have any way to lock in 2.4G.

Reactions: OwYeah
I have the same problem. I've been through OTG and wifi, the option "2.4" shows for 1 second when I switch to the menu and disappears instantly. Impossible to connect by "custom" option either because all the wifi signals below 156 are jammed (showing red bars).
Btw I'm on a Crosscall Trekker X3, european phone.

Normally its not possible to change channel/band when using OTG cable.
Change on wifi:

That's interesting. The problem you have, I have the exact opposite. The only channel available is 5.8GHz and the 2.4 disappears automatically.9373

Tap channel at "Channel index" line..
2 digits is 2.4 Ghz
3 digits is 5.8 Ghz
Yes and as you can see it, the 2 digits are red and automatically return to 3 digits when selected. It doesn't stick to the 2 digits.

As I stated when I started this I have tried everything with no luck. This is using the RC. I tried with no RC and it is 2.4!

I think I might know what may be happening. When I go "manual" I can pick a lower 2.4 channel and all is fine. I think on "auto" it sees 2.4 as very active and as such moves to 5.8.

I think I might know what may be happening. When I go "manual" I can pick a lower 2.4 channel and all is fine. I think on "auto" it sees 2.4 as very active and as such moves to 5.8.
I thought your problem is, you cannot switch to 2.4g (in manual mode).
Maybe it's my bad English, but I'm a little confused.

When I went to "custom" before I didn't know what I was doing.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. On "auto" I had the same problem as you, 2.4 flashed for a second and only 5.8 appeared.

Ok, guys :)

In Europe, connection between RC and drone will always "take" a 5.8 Ghz channel.
This behavour is because phone to RC connection will be 2.4 Ghz.
Thats because regulations and is controlled by software/hardware + isp (sim card provider)
Basically 5.8 Ghz equipment is banned for outdoor use. Hence the low "radio" power output (europe).
Soooo, your phone will not "take" a 5.8 channel,and leave 2.4 band for connection RC/AC.
Android device tries to obey european regulations, while IOS devices do not give a xxxx!
Iphones and Ipads does not have these channel/band issues.

Simply explained..and we're talking about AUTO mode.

Now, on older DJI Go 4 app, you could change "Channel mode" between 2.4 and 5.8.
Seems like DJI removed this old methode on Spark, and will only show it as an indicator and for simplicity.
Luckily we can override and change channel/band manually.
Firstly, tap "Custom"...
Then, by tapping a channel on the Channel index-line. (@OwYeah screenshot does not show this line, scroll down.)
By now, some flashes on your drone leds will tell you the wifi connection restartes.

Top line in your main window will show either 2.4 or 5.8.. This is the connection between remote and drone.

BTW, the screenshot with all 2.4 channels red? Never seen something even close. Have you tried outside, rural countryside?
Feel free to ask if more explanation is needed.

Ok, guys :)

In Europe, connection between RC and drone will always "take" a 5.8 Ghz channel.
This behavour is because phone to RC connection will be 2.4 Ghz.
Thats because regulations and is controlled by software/hardware + isp (sim card provider)
Basically 5.8 Ghz equipment is banned for outdoor use. Hence the low "radio" power output (europe).
Soooo, your phone will not "take" a 5.8 channel,and leave 2.4 band for connection RC/AC.
Android device tries to obey european regulations, while IOS devices do not give a xxxx!
Iphones and Ipads does not have these channel/band issues.

Simply explained..and we're talking about AUTO mode.

Now, on older DJI Go 4 app, you could change "Channel mode" between 2.4 and 5.8.
Seems like DJI removed this old methode on Spark, and will only show it as an indicator and for simplicity.
Luckily we can override and change channel/band manually.
Firstly, tap "Custom"...
Then, by tapping a channel on the Channel index-line. (@OwYeah screenshot does not show this line, scroll down.)
By now, some flashes on your drone leds will tell you the wifi connection restartes.

Top line in your main window will show either 2.4 or 5.8.. This is the connection between remote and drone.

BTW, the screenshot with all 2.4 channels red? Never seen something even close. Have you tried outside, rural countryside?
Feel free to ask if more explanation is needed.
Well now I can't show it to you anymore because I lost my drone in the meantime. But I tested it prior to that event and in fact, 2 digits channels were becoming red one after another to finally be all red like on the screenshot. It was like that even in the countryside with nobody/not network around.

Well now I can't show it to you anymore because I lost my drone in the meantime. But I tested it prior to that event and in fact, 2 digits channels were becoming red one after another to finally be all red like on the screenshot. It was like that even in the countryside with nobody/not network around.
You should start a support ticket at DJI Support – Here for You – DJI in case you claim it was not pilot fault.
They will ask you for flightlogs etc...

I'm sorry to read about your loss..

Ohyeah was that you that lost Spark on the forest, if so I feel sorry for the loss. That is what I was afraid of, with me 5.8 always losing communication.

Be careful, since some devices don't support 5.8g in some regions, if you choose manually a 2.4g channel, then WiFi of the RC, is lost (disappears from WiFi list).

In this case, solution is to reset ac-rc connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena