Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.1.22 android

I dont want to go far to say that they are forcing people to buy a Mavic by making crappy Spark app. That is just stupid thinking. If that is the case then I would be really surprised.

I want to say that it has something to do with just bad coding. Something that was probably not working out properly and instead of fixing it right away, they just disabled it till they can address it.

The whole use of OTG should be something that should be supported and to think that it shouldnt, once again is just stupid. It's like saying you can turn the car by leaning left or right but we won't give you the steering wheel. Ok I know that was a far stretched anology but folks are so pissed right now that I think everyone wants to assume many different reasons.

On the other hand, I dont mind going down a version but I also don't want to lose some of the cool features. Right now as far as I can tell panaroma is the only major thing.

Reactions: zayyarl and Row-Bot
Downgraded to 4.1.15. All my problems were solved.

Link to 4.1.15 version:
DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

D'loaded, thanks for helping this wonderful quad survive DJI marketing policies. They can repeat "is wasn't supported by the start" all the times they want, but I'm not an idiot and I saw the people using it via OTG since the start, and I saw the terrible diffference between the video feedback via OTG and via WiFi... By limiting it to WiFi only, they made a so-so 300 $ quad out of a very good 600 $ one

Reactions: zayyarl and George
Horrible thought: is OTG disabled to help them sell the crystalsky? That seems far more likely than to sell Mavics, which should appeal to a different market share.

Horrible thought: is OTG disabled to help them sell the crystalsky? That seems far more likely than to sell Mavics, which should appeal to a different market share.

Is OTG working on the CS? Being it Android-based I thought it also was OTG-disabled. if it works then you made a good point

Not tried it myself, but I've read a few posts saying the crystalsky works well:
OTG officially supported by DJI?

It looks just like that, and that they are fixin'it for other phones!
  • A USB OTG cable is required when connecting to a Spark remote controller.
  • A function allowing users to connect Spark's remote controller to CrystalSky monitors and other mobile devices with a USB OTG cable is coming soon.

It depends on their definition of 'Other mobile devices'. It could simply mean DI goggles for all we know! Ultimately, we don't have the information to be certain right now. It's a nasty thought though,

Reactions: Vilco
If DJI ever had intention of supporting OTG , why haven't they done anything since the Sparks release 6mths ago.

What we have actually seen is the increasing limitation of OTG to only connectivity (goggles) rather than supporting flight

So I think in the future with new upgrades the OTG for flying will be further limited, look at all the telemetry missing now from OTG , it all relates to flying the Spark.

You'll notice the current OTG live view is not affected, as this is needed for DJI Goggles, telemetry is not impacted in Goggles because they use a proprietary application, which has nothing in common with DJI Go 4

Last edited:
The issue is that the crystalsky is an android application, so developing the code for the spark to talk to android via OTG is under development...to stop Android users using said code, especially in the EU, is really something of a nasty move.

My bad, I meant the 900. Does it have any issues with version 15 of the android app? I haven't upgraded app since I don't want to lose OTG

Unfortunately I can't tell you as I've upgraded my Crystalsky's to the latest firmware which auto loaded DJI Go4 4.1.18

I use 900 and 4.1.15, and I took it out for a good test run before Christmas. I used normal flight, quickshots, gesture control*, activetrack and tapfly- all functioned normally. I flew it and used up three batteries, so it was a good long check.

*I got my Spark in early december and Gesture control has never worked well for me. I suspect UK winter light levels are not good enough for it to work reliably.

I use 900 and 4.1.15, and I took it out for a good test run before Christmas. I used normal flight, quickshots, gesture control*, activetrack and tapfly- all functioned normally. I flew it and used up three batteries, so it was a good long check.

*I got my Spark in early december and Gesture control has never worked well for me. I suspect UK winter light levels are not good enough for it to work reliably.
Thanks, I'll give it a go. I'm still sat on the 701 firmware

Ok I found the 4.1.22 version on the download apk site. Installed it but haven't tested the OTG with it. I'm not going to have high hopes but we will see. If not 4.1.15 it will be then. Sigh.

Reactions: dji_lando
Ok I found the 4.1.22 version on the download apk site. Installed it but haven't tested the OTG with it. I'm not going to have high hopes but we will see. If not 4.1.15 it will be then. Sigh.

Android here, I have no option to upgrade to 4.1.22 but if it solves the OTG issues I'll be on it asap. Meanwhile I got the GO 4 back to 4.1.15 and tried OTG this afternoon and BANG! It's rock solid, no delay, always perfect image quality; bye bye mr WiFi. Tomorrow I'll check how far can I get selecting the 2.4 GHz band in CE mode, then I'll seee if I have to consider going FCC

Android here, I have no option to upgrade to 4.1.22 but if it solves the OTG issues I'll be on it asap. Meanwhile I got the GO 4 back to 4.1.15 and tried OTG this afternoon and BANG! It's rock solid, no delay, always perfect image quality; bye bye mr WiFi. Tomorrow I'll check how far can I get selecting the 2.4 GHz band in CE mode, then I'll seee if I have to consider going FCC
Yeah you have to download it at one of the APK sites. It's not available in Google Play yet. I loaded my Samsung tablet pro and note 3 with 4.1.15. My new wunderphone with 4.1.22 and will test that with OTG. Of course if someone already has please reconfirm. Otherwise, the wunderphone will get the 4.1.15.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast