Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.1.22 android

less then 20mins of testing 4.1.2.2 , i have revert my andriod back to 4.1.15. to my opinion. by going no OTG will reduce the range . my understanding the chipset that transmit signal eg2.4 ghz & 5.8ghz have a total definite limited power. by sharing to rc + spark , this will sound like Spark will get lesser means less range. it has to be monopoly 1:1 rc to drone itself.

Future unknown. I have range issues, but it works within the realistic vls at which you could possibly see it to control it.
Other drones may eventually match it, but not yet. If the regulators and dji feel people just want to blatantly flout the law then they will dumb it down and or ban them, so thanks to all who behave so.
As long as you can do as you please
Looking at posts of people who have all the trouble and blame dji, most appear not to have acquired even a rudimentary grasp of the essential MO of the machine by studying the manual.Especially the info relayed in real time by the aircraft's indicators.

I have a question? Maybe I don't understand this so if I m wrong let me know. The connection for wifi between the device and the RC is different than the wifi between the rc and the spark. The wifi between the RC and the spark is on a different wifi. If using wifi for the connection to the RC, the distance between the RC and the spark should be the same regardless of the connection between the device and the RC. I have noticed no difference in distance between using the wifi and the OTG between the device and the controller. Maybe the reliability is better but the difference between the RC and spark don't change. Now if you don't use the controller and use the device to connect straight to the spark, then yes, there is a huge difference.

Reactions: delovelady
It's because the ac to rc link is 5.8 ghz and 2.4 from rc to device.
If you only use device , 2.4 can be used = much better range. The storm over this is still raging .

Reactions: eddie258
Just updated to 4.1.22 and firmware .900 with no particular issues. Using Spark with RC. Initial connection procedure is a little different but immediate if you follow each step (I didn't the first time!) Haven't checked on range yet. Video has no more lag than with previous versions. Have OTG cable but never used it as S8/RC combo connecting over wifi works very well in my area. Good luck.

Another thing to understand is that with 2.4 wifi you only have 3 real channels to use that do not overlap making flying near houses that all have 2.4 running will make you have signal loss issues due to conflicting channels and interference with other wifi etc. 5.8 does indeed have less range due to it's higher frequently but it also allows for more that 15 non overlapping channels and in areas with more household wifi this will help. Best place to go is somewhere that you can't see others wifi at all. Download a wifi scanner and that will show you the congestion that you are dealing with.

Another thing to understand is that with 2.4 wifi you only have 3 real channels to use that do not overlap making flying near houses that all have 2.4 running will make you have signal loss issues due to conflicting channels and interference with other wifi etc. 5.8 does indeed have less range due to it's higher frequently but it also allows for more that 15 non overlapping channels and in areas with more household wifi this will help. Best place to go is somewhere that you can't see others wifi at all. Download a wifi scanner and that will show you the congestion that you are dealing with.
This is my fav btw.

Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: s2 Web Parrot
If I do the firmware update to .900 by Go Pro 4.1.22 and do the downgrade to 4.1.15 Will my Spark works fine?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast